Interventional Pain Management
Femoral nerve block guided by ultrasound represents a safe and effective strategy for reducing intraoperative pain associated with endoluminal laser ablation.
Caudal block for postoperative analgesia in pediatric populations may result in an increase in intracranial pressure when performed with a high volume of local anesthetic.
The wide range of etiologies underlying neuropathic pain render it a particularly challenging condition to manage.
Current paradigms of spinal cord stimulation consider stimulation parameters separately
Forty-five percent of participants were found to be acute responders by achieving effective therapy in at least 50% of their cluster headache attacks.
Despite evidence on the benefits of high-frequency spinal cord stimulation for the treatment of chronic pain, leading medical insurance provider holds coverage in 2 states.
Deep Brain Stimulation for Neuropathic Pain
Cryoanalgesia for chronic headaches: easy to use, reversible
Interventional Treatment Options for Cancer Pain
In this pooled meta-analysis, LIA provided better analgesia at rest in the immediate post-operative period when compared to RB, in addition to preserving quadriceps function.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Vibrating Gloves Significantly Reduce Osteoarthritis-Related Hand Pain
- Virtual Reality for Pain Relief: Understanding the Underlying Mechanisms
- Neuroimaging for Chronic Pain: IASP Consensus Statement
- Neuroinflammation in Neuropathic Pain Indicated by Elevated Levels of Proinflammatory Chemokines in CSF
- Opioid Prescriptions Following Common Surgeries: Optimal Durations
- Liposomal Bupivacaine Effective for Shoulder Arthroplasty-Related Pain
- Reducing the P-Value for Statistical Significance to Improve the Quality of Research?
- FDA's Strategies for Managing Patients Taking CNS Depressants and Opioids
- Electrotherapy, Acupuncture May Decrease Pain Following Total Knee Arthroplasty
- Low-Dose Oromucosal Ibuprofen Effective for Relieving Sore Throat
- Survey Finds Teens Divided on Beliefs and Attitudes of Prescription Drug Abuse
- HIV-Positive Patients Experience Frequent Headaches
- Low-Dose Perineural Dexamethasone Prolongs Effects of Brachial Plexus Nerve Block
- Business Savvy Tips for Buying a Practice
- Diphenhydramine Decreases Pain During Colonoscopy for Chronic Opioid Users