Rheumatoid arthritis can be managed through diet to reduce inflammatory cytokine levels and protect against bone and joint destruction. We're sharing the best foods for managing rheumatoid arthritis.
Patients with myalgic encephalomyelitis or chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) were shown to have a differential cytokine signature compared with healthy controls.
Eating fish at least twice a week may significantly reduce the pain and swelling associated with rheumatoid arthritis.
Cibinetide, an innate repair receptor agonist, was shown to exert disease-modifying effects by reversing sarcoidosis-related nerve loss in the cornea and skin.
Outcome measurement tools for psoriatic arthritis have been updated by the Group for Research and Assessment of Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis.
Growth hormone may modulate pain by blocking nociceptor sensitization induced by cutaneous inflammation in neonates.
An anti-inflammatory diet may protect women against bone density loss and decrease the risk of hip fracture.
Vagus nerve stimulation inhibits cytokine production and reduces inflammation, and may be effective for a subset of RA patients.
"To understand pain, we need to understand the interaction between the immune, endocrine and nervous systems."
YHS presents a potential new treatment option for neuropathic pain management, without the tolerance observed with many analgesic drugs.
"We are what we eat; to be more specific, we are what we ingest, digest, and absorb, and the microbiome has a key role to play in that," said Dr Tick.
This study provides evidence to explain activation of peripheral opioid receptors by inflammation.
This study also suggests that genetic factors, environmental factors and inflammation are independent predictors of radiographic progression in the SI joint in early axial SpA.
Age and cigarette smoking are associated with inflammatory joint signs in a high-risk cohort of RA first-degree relatives.
Because the increased cytokine levels in the acute phase of herpes zoster are assumed to be a potential mechanism for inducing PHN, the early suppression of these cytokines by LLLT may help prevent the development of PHN.
Much of the disability associated with RA relates to the pain secondary to inflammatory joint inflammation.
BMI related to pathogenesis of multi-site pain
Caused by dysregulation of inflammatory responses
A 17% increase in CRP was observed in females with migraine.
Patients with inflammatory arthritis want to be informed about current, future treatment options.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Reviewing the Efficacy, Safety, and Tolerability of Cannabis-Based Medicines for Chronic Neuropathic Pain
- Tackling the Chronic Pain and Opioid Use Disorder Crises Through Public-Private Partnerships
- How the City of San Francisco Is Tackling the Intertwined HIV/HCV and Opioid Epidemics
- Pain Tolerance in Buprenorphine Maintenance Treatment
- The State of Drug Storage, Disposal Labeling Information for Opioid Analgesics
- Radiofrequency Ablation for Chronic Hip Pain: Reviewing the Evidence
- Opioid Use Disorder Treatment: Evidence-Based Guideline
- Betel Quid Addiction and Implications for Substance Use Disorder
- Low Back Pain: Contributing Factors, Prophylactic Strategies, and Effective Treatments
- Peripherally Acting Opioid and Cannabinoid May Be Effective for Neuropathic Pain
- Predicting Suicidal Ideation in Veterans With Chronic Pain
- Femoral Nerve Block Alone or in Combination With Sciatic Nerve Block for TKA: A Meta-Analysis
- Improved Care Efficiency Requires a More Manageable System
- Recommendations Developed on Gender Equity in Medicine
- Medication Adherence, Blood Pressure Reduction Assessed With Smartphone App Use