Patients with myalgic encephalomyelitis or chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) were shown to have a differential cytokine signature compared with healthy controls.
Eating fish at least twice a week may significantly reduce the pain and swelling associated with rheumatoid arthritis.
Cibinetide, an innate repair receptor agonist, was shown to exert disease-modifying effects by reversing sarcoidosis-related nerve loss in the cornea and skin.
Outcome measurement tools for psoriatic arthritis have been updated by the Group for Research and Assessment of Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis.
Growth hormone may modulate pain by blocking nociceptor sensitization induced by cutaneous inflammation in neonates.
An anti-inflammatory diet may protect women against bone density loss and decrease the risk of hip fracture.
Vagus nerve stimulation inhibits cytokine production and reduces inflammation, and may be effective for a subset of RA patients.
"To understand pain, we need to understand the interaction between the immune, endocrine and nervous systems."
YHS presents a potential new treatment option for neuropathic pain management, without the tolerance observed with many analgesic drugs.
"We are what we eat; to be more specific, we are what we ingest, digest, and absorb, and the microbiome has a key role to play in that," said Dr Tick.
This study provides evidence to explain activation of peripheral opioid receptors by inflammation.
This study also suggests that genetic factors, environmental factors and inflammation are independent predictors of radiographic progression in the SI joint in early axial SpA.
Age and cigarette smoking are associated with inflammatory joint signs in a high-risk cohort of RA first-degree relatives.
Because the increased cytokine levels in the acute phase of herpes zoster are assumed to be a potential mechanism for inducing PHN, the early suppression of these cytokines by LLLT may help prevent the development of PHN.
Much of the disability associated with RA relates to the pain secondary to inflammatory joint inflammation.
BMI related to pathogenesis of multi-site pain
Caused by dysregulation of inflammatory responses
A 17% increase in CRP was observed in females with migraine.
Patients with inflammatory arthritis want to be informed about current, future treatment options.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Fibromyalgia Screening in Patients With Chronic Pain: Two Simple Tests
- Pain In Elite Athletes: IOC Recommendations on Contributing Factors and Treatment Approach
- Chronic Pain Associated With Traumatic Brain Injury: Causes and Management
- Migraine Frequency Correlated With Depression and Anxiety
- New Daily Persistent Headache Associated With Sleep Disturbances in Children
- Neuroimaging for Chronic Pain: IASP Consensus Statement
- Cannabis Use Associated With Aberrant Drug Behaviors
- Independent Pharmacies Expanding Services Available to Patients
- Ketamine Exhibits Effective Pain Relief for Refractory Headaches
- Vibrating Gloves Significantly Reduce Osteoarthritis-Related Hand Pain
- Brain Plasticity in Patients With Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Virtual Reality Reduces Pain in Children During Routine Blood Draw
- FDA Expresses Safety Concern Over Kratom
- Opioid Manufacturers Providing Training for Clinicians
- Fluoroscopically Guided Sacroiliac Interventions: Appropriate Use Criteria