Generic Name and Formulations:
Coagulation Factor IX (recombinant), albumin fusion protein 250 IU, 500 IU, 1000 IU, 2000 IU, 3500 IU; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV inj after reconstitution; preservative-free.
CSL Behring, LLC
Indications for IDELVION:
In patients with Hemophilia B: to control and prevent bleeding episodes, for perioperative management, and routine prophylaxis to prevent or reduce the frequency of bleeding episodes.
Limitations Of use:
Not for immune tolerance induction.
Adults and Children:
Dose (IU) = body weight (kg) x desired FIX increase (% of normal or IU/dL) x reciprocal of recovery (IU/dL per IU/kg). Dose adjustment may be necessary in children <12yrs. Individualize. Max infusion rate: 10mL/min. Bleeding: Minor/Moderate: 30–60% required; repeat every 48–72hrs for ≥1 day until bleeding stops and healing is achieved. Major: 60–100% required; repeat every 48–72hrs for 7–14 days until bleeding stops and healing is achieved; give maintenance dose weekly. Perioperative: Minor: 50–80% required; repeat every 48–72hrs for ≥1 day or until healing is achieved. Major: initially 60–100% required; every 48–72hrs for 7–14 days or until bleeding stops and healing is achieved; may repeat every 48–72hrs for the first week or until healing is achieved; give maintenance dose 1–2 times weekly. Routine prophylaxis: ≥12yrs: 25–40 IU/kg every 7 days or if well-controlled, may give 50–75 IU/kg every 14 days; <12yrs: 40–55 IU/kg every 7 days.
Hamster protein sensitivity.
Discontinue and treat if hypersensitivity symptoms occur. Monitor for development of Factor IX inhibitors. Liver disease, fibrinolysis, perioperative status, risk factors for thromboembolic events or disseminated intravascular coagulation; monitor for thromboembolism and consumptive coagulopathy. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Headache, dizziness, hypersensitivity, rash, eczema.
Kit—1 (single-use vial + diluent, supplies)
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Analyzing Coverage of Nonpharmacologic Treatments for Low Back Pain
- Smartphone App Helps Evaluate Catastrophizing in Chronic Pain
- Predicting the Magnitude of Placebo Analgesia in Chronic Pain
- Dsuvia Gains FDA Approval: We Want to Hear Your Thoughts
- Operant Learning May Provide More Benefits Than Energy Conservation in Fibromyalgia
- The Unintended Consequences of the CDC Opioid Guideline According to Pain Management Specialists
- Seven-Item Pain Intensity Measure Reliable in Individuals With Dementia
- Initial Consultation for Neck Pain May Reduce Opioid Consumption, Healthcare Utilization
- FDA-Approved Test Provides Pharmacogenetic Reports Directly to Consumers
- Set of Interventions May Effectively Reduce Opioid Overprescribing
- Methamphetamine Use on the Rise in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Two Screening Tools May Accurately Predict Transition From Acute to Chronic Low Back Pain
- Dozens of Medical Groups Join Forces to Improve Diagnoses
- FDA Grants Non-Opioid Analgesic VVZ-149 Fast Track Status
- Little to No Association Found Between Physician Performance and Medical School Ranking