The Food and Drug Administration is requiring that changes be made to the labeling of prescription cough and cold medicines containing codeine and hydrocodone.
Intranasal administration of benzhydrocodone, a prodrug of hydrocodone, was shown to be associated with reduced hydrocodone exposures and decreased drug liking.
Longitudinal opioid prescribing patterns suggest that regular use among patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is slightly declining.
About 20% of U.S. bariatric surgery patients are still using prescription opioids 7 years later.
Teenagers with prescription opioid exposures are more likely to have health care facility admission and serious medical outcomes than younger children.
Drug overdose deaths have nearly tripled in the United States since 1999, with the largest increases seen for whites and middle-aged Americans.
Chronic pain patients being treated with certain opioid and non-opioid medications had significantly lower serum concentrations of free testosterone and free estradiol.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Non-Opioid Therapies for Pain Management in the ED
- CBT vs Pain Education for Chronic Pain in Low-Income Clinics
- Risks Associated With Intra-Articular Lumbar Facet Joint Injections of Triamcinolone Acetonide for Low Back Pain
- Factors Predicting Pain Outcomes After TKR for Knee Osteoarthritis
- Lumbar Disc Herniation With Radiculopathy Treatment Using Targeted Indwelling ESI
- Exploring the Connections Between Neuropathic Pain and Comorbid Mood Disorders
- Medical Marijuana Laws, Dispensaries May Reduce Deaths From Opioid Overdose
- Ketamine Infusion May Be Effective for the Short-Term Relief of CRPS-Associated Pain
- An Avenue for the Development of Opioid Adjuncts for Enhanced Analgesia, Reduced Abuse Potential
- Spinal Manipulative Therapy May Effectively Reduce Cervicogenic Headache Days
- Peripherally Acting Opioid and Cannabinoid May Be Effective for Neuropathic Pain
- Positive Affect, Resilience, and Pain in MS With Chronic Pain
- Addressing Clinician Burnout at the Institutional Level
- Glucosamine vs Ibuprofen for Painful Temporomandibular Joint Osteoarthritis
- Chronic Pain in Adolescents and Alexithymia