2014 ruling to reschedule hydrocodone combo products coincided with rise in cryptomarket trade
The 7 opioids included for analysis were oxycodone, hydrocodone, morphine, hydromorphone, oxymorphone, tapentadol, and tramadol.
The Food and Drug Administration is requiring that changes be made to the labeling of prescription cough and cold medicines containing codeine and hydrocodone.
Intranasal administration of benzhydrocodone, a prodrug of hydrocodone, was shown to be associated with reduced hydrocodone exposures and decreased drug liking.
Longitudinal opioid prescribing patterns suggest that regular use among patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is slightly declining.
About 20% of U.S. bariatric surgery patients are still using prescription opioids 7 years later.
Teenagers with prescription opioid exposures are more likely to have health care facility admission and serious medical outcomes than younger children.
Drug overdose deaths have nearly tripled in the United States since 1999, with the largest increases seen for whites and middle-aged Americans.
Chronic pain patients being treated with certain opioid and non-opioid medications had significantly lower serum concentrations of free testosterone and free estradiol.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- History of Migraine May Be Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Radiofrequency Denervation Efficacious in Treating Thoracic Zygapophyseal Joint Pain
- Symptom Severity, Sensory Sensitivity May Indicate Pain Centralization in Chronic Overlapping Pain Conditions
- Prescribed Opioids Difficulties Scale Effective for Assessing Concerns of Patients With Chronic Pain
- Predictors of Opioid Overdose in High-Risk Users
- Consensus Guidelines for the Use of Intravenous Ketamine for Chronic Pain
- Pain Societies Issue Guidelines on Use of Ketamine for the Management of Acute Pain
- Labor Epidural Analgesia Linked to Reduced Likelihood of Successful Breastfeeding
- Novel Oral Treatment Safe, Effective for Migraine Headache Relief
- DFN-02 Nasal Spray Safe, Effective for Acute Treatment of Episodic Migraine
- Methadone Improves Short-Term Outcomes Better Than Morphine in Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Addressing Rare Headache Disorders: Acute Confusional Migraine
- Hospital-Owned Practices Associated With Positive Workplace Perceptions Among Staff
- Optimal Strategies for Opioid Weaning After Ambulatory Surgery
- Chinese Traditional Medicine Showed Effectiveness on Pain, Quality of Life in Advanced Cancer