Hydralazine Tablets Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Hydralazine HCl 10mg, 25mg, 50mg, 100mg.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Hydralazine Tablets:
Initially 10mg 4 times daily for 2–4 days, then increase to 25mg 4 times daily for rest of 1st week, then to 50mg 4 times daily; max 300mg/day.
Initially 0.75mg/kg per day in 4 divided doses, increase gradually over 3–4 weeks; max 7.5mg/kg or 200mg daily.
Coronary artery disease. Mitral valve disease.
Suspected coronary artery disease. Cerebrovascular accidents. Aortic aneurysm. Increased intracranial pressure. Renal disease. Treat paresthesias and/or numbness with pyridoxine. Discontinue if blood dyscrasias occur. Obtain CBC and ANA titer periodically; consider discontinuing if SLE occurs. Surgery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Caution with MAOIs. Profound hypotension with potent parenteral antihypertensives (eg, diazoxide). Antagonized by NSAIDs. May block epinephrine.
Headache, anorexia, GI disturbances, palpitations, edema, flushing, nasal congestion, lacrimation, rash, tachycardia, angina, orthostatic hypotension, blood dyscrasias, peripheral neuritis, SLE.
Formerly known under the brand names Apresoline (inj, tabs); Dralzine (tabs).
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Two Screening Tools May Accurately Predict Transition From Acute to Chronic Low Back Pain
- Tools to Address the Opioid Crisis
- Methamphetamine Use on the Rise in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Operant Learning May Provide More Benefits Than Energy Conservation in Fibromyalgia
- Half of the Responders to Our Poll Agree With the Approval of Dsuvia: We Want to Hear From You
- The Unintended Consequences of the CDC Opioid Guideline According to Pain Management Specialists
- Initial Consultation for Neck Pain May Reduce Opioid Consumption, Healthcare Utilization
- FDA-Approved Test Provides Pharmacogenetic Reports Directly to Consumers
- Set of Interventions May Effectively Reduce Opioid Overprescribing
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- FDA Panel Votes in Favor of Abuse-Deterrent Oxycodone Reformulation
- FDA Proposes New Restrictions on Sale of Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems
- Central Sensitization in Greater Trochanteric Pain Syndrome
- Pain Acceptance May Reduce Headache-Related Disability in Migraine
- FDA Issues Safety Alert Regarding Intrathecal Delivery of Pain Meds