A large proportion of HIV-positive patients experience frequent headaches that often impact their quality of life.
The HIV Medicine Association of the Infectious Disease Society of America recommends that people living with HIV be screened for pain and offered both nonpharmacologic and pharmacologic treatment options.
The World Health Organization published new guidelines for managing HIV drug resistance in countries in which pretreatment HIV drug resistance to non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NNRTIs) is prevalent.
Patients with HIV who underwent immediate ART saw significant decreases in bone mineral density; however, the benefits of beginning ART early outweigh the outcomes related to decreased BMD.
A 12-week CBT program led to reductions in PTSD and substance abuse in transgender women with HIV.
If certain targets are met, the rate of new HIV infections may be down to 12,000 a year by 2025.
Results from the ASCEND study recently published in BioMed Central Neurology indicate that an 8% capsaicin patch is effective in relieving peripheral neuropathic pain resulting from a wide range of etiologies.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Vibrating Gloves Significantly Reduce Osteoarthritis-Related Hand Pain
- Neuroimaging for Chronic Pain: IASP Consensus Statement
- Neuroinflammation in Neuropathic Pain Indicated by Elevated Levels of Proinflammatory Chemokines in CSF
- Low-Dose Perineural Dexamethasone Prolongs Effects of Brachial Plexus Nerve Block
- Hypertension in Chronic Pain: Risk Factors
- Liposomal Bupivacaine Effective for Shoulder Arthroplasty-Related Pain
- Reducing the P-Value for Statistical Significance to Improve the Quality of Research?
- FDA's Strategies for Managing Patients Taking CNS Depressants and Opioids
- Opioid Prescriptions Following Common Surgeries: Optimal Durations
- Electrotherapy, Acupuncture May Decrease Pain Following Total Knee Arthroplasty
- Opioid Use Low Among Veterans With Recent Traumatic Brain Injury Diagnosis
- Predictive Ability of Intermittent Pain Diaries in Sickle Cell Disease
- Recurrent Chest Pain Linked to Depression, Anxiety
- Nasal Sumatriptan Results in Faster Migraine Pain Relief
- Pay Inequality, Contract Negotiation Top Concerns for Female Physicians