Generic Name and Formulations:
Chlorhexidine gluconate 0.5%; isopropyl alcohol 70%.
Molnlycke Health Care Inc.
Indications for HIBISTAT:
Germicidal hand rinse.
Adults and Children:
Rub into hands vigorously for about 15 seconds.
Avoid eyes, ears, mouth. May cause deafness if instilled in the middle ear through perforated eardrums. Discontinue if irritation, sensitization, allergic reaction occurs. Premature infants or aged <2mos. Product is flammable.
Irritation, sensitization, allergic reactions (may be severe).
Soln—4oz, 8oz; Towelettes (5mL)—50
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Cannabis Use High in Migraine
- Sustained-Release Sodium Nitrite for Diabetic Neuropathic Pain Not Associated With Headaches
- Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Associated With Reduced Risk for Opioid-Related Deaths
- Percutaneous Electrolysis May Be Useful Adjunct for Subacromial Pain Syndrome
- Clonidine May Not Improve Post-Cesarean Delivery Analgesia
- Recommendations for Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Tolerance
- Vertebroplasty Comparable With Placebo for Acute Vertebral Compression Fractures
- Capsaicin 8% Patch May Be Effective in Neuropathic Pain
- Detox vs Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Prior Authorization Policy May Help Reduce Long-Acting Opioid Use