Generic Name and Formulations:
Tasimelteon 20mg; hard gel caps.
Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for HETLIOZ:
Treatment of non-24-hour sleep-wake disorder (Non-24).
Swallow whole. Take 20mg once daily before bedtime, at the same time every night. Do not take with food.
Risk of somnolence; can potentially impair the performance of activities requiring mental alertness. Severe hepatic impairment (Child-Pugh C): not recommended. Smokers. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat. C). Nursing mothers.
Avoid concomitant strong CYP1A2 inhibitors (eg, fluvoxamine), strong CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole), or others; effects may be increased. Avoid concomitant strong CYP3A4 inducers (eg, rifampin) or others; effects may be reduced. Tasimelteon exposure decreased by smoking (induction of CYP1A2 levels). Additive effects with alcohol.
Melatonin receptor agonist.
Headache, increased ALT, nightmares or unusual dreams, upper respiratory tract infection, urinary tract infection; somnolence.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Brain Plasticity in Patients With Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Perturbation-Based Rehabilitation Effective for Chronic Low Back Pain
- IBS-Associated Chronic Pain: Formulation of Core Diagnostic Criteria
- Fluoroscopically Guided Sacroiliac Interventions: Appropriate Use Criteria
- Cannabis Use Associated With Relationship Between Pain and Negative Affect
- Cannabis Use Associated With Aberrant Drug Behaviors
- Walgreens to Carry Naloxone in All Pharmacies to Combat Drug Abuse
- Independent Pharmacies Expanding Services Available to Patients
- Ketamine Exhibits Effective Pain Relief for Refractory Headaches
- Pain In Elite Athletes: IOC Recommendations on Contributing Factors and Treatment Approach
- Naproxen Plus Muscle Relaxants vs Naproxen Monotherapy for Low Back Pain
- Pain Processing: Examining the Role of Oxytocin
- Short- vs Long-Acting Opioids for Osteoarthritis Pain
- Extended-Release Naltrexone Injections Reduce Opioid Dependence
- Depressive Symptoms in Medical Interns Increased With Work-Family Conflicts