Clinicians should focus on minimizing barriers to care for patients with chronic migraine.
Ultimately, players must decide if the benefits of play outweigh the risks of injury.
Mechanism of injury assault in 12 of 16 patients; half of patients admit alcohol use.
Newly sanctioned to treat just-diagnosed patients, in combination with temozolomide
A new review indicates that gabapentin may be an effective adjunct therapy for primary headache syndromes, but that there is not enough evidence to support its use as a primary treatment.
Rapid number naming test may be used on the sidelines in sporting events to test for concussion.
The research concluded that headaches in children tend to increase toward the beginning of the fall season.
A patient presenting with headache may have a broad range of symptoms. Here's how to narrow down your diagnosis.
The tool predicted the likelihood of AHT based on six identifying factors.
Even though there's a variety of migraine subtypes on the books, there are two major subtypes: migraine without aura (characterized with specific features and associated symptoms) and migraine with aura (transient neurological symptoms that proceed or accompany a headache).
Limiting aggressive contact would be more effective than just banning 'heading' of ball, researcher says.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Fibromyalgia Screening in Patients With Chronic Pain: Two Simple Tests
- Pain In Elite Athletes: IOC Recommendations on Contributing Factors and Treatment Approach
- Chronic Pain Associated With Traumatic Brain Injury: Causes and Management
- Migraine Frequency Correlated With Depression and Anxiety
- New Daily Persistent Headache Associated With Sleep Disturbances in Children
- Neuroimaging for Chronic Pain: IASP Consensus Statement
- Cannabis Use Associated With Aberrant Drug Behaviors
- Independent Pharmacies Expanding Services Available to Patients
- Ketamine Exhibits Effective Pain Relief for Refractory Headaches
- Vibrating Gloves Significantly Reduce Osteoarthritis-Related Hand Pain
- Brain Plasticity in Patients With Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Virtual Reality Reduces Pain in Children During Routine Blood Draw
- FDA Expresses Safety Concern Over Kratom
- Opioid Manufacturers Providing Training for Clinicians
- Fluoroscopically Guided Sacroiliac Interventions: Appropriate Use Criteria