Clinicians should focus on minimizing barriers to care for patients with chronic migraine.
Ultimately, players must decide if the benefits of play outweigh the risks of injury.
Mechanism of injury assault in 12 of 16 patients; half of patients admit alcohol use.
Newly sanctioned to treat just-diagnosed patients, in combination with temozolomide
A new review indicates that gabapentin may be an effective adjunct therapy for primary headache syndromes, but that there is not enough evidence to support its use as a primary treatment.
Rapid number naming test may be used on the sidelines in sporting events to test for concussion.
The research concluded that headaches in children tend to increase toward the beginning of the fall season.
A patient presenting with headache may have a broad range of symptoms. Here's how to narrow down your diagnosis.
The tool predicted the likelihood of AHT based on six identifying factors.
Even though there's a variety of migraine subtypes on the books, there are two major subtypes: migraine without aura (characterized with specific features and associated symptoms) and migraine with aura (transient neurological symptoms that proceed or accompany a headache).
Limiting aggressive contact would be more effective than just banning 'heading' of ball, researcher says.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- History of Migraine May Be Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Radiofrequency Denervation Efficacious in Treating Thoracic Zygapophyseal Joint Pain
- Symptom Severity, Sensory Sensitivity May Indicate Pain Centralization in Chronic Overlapping Pain Conditions
- Prescribed Opioids Difficulties Scale Effective for Assessing Concerns of Patients With Chronic Pain
- Stat Consult: Chronic Low Back Pain
- Consensus Guidelines for the Use of Intravenous Ketamine for Chronic Pain
- Pain Societies Issue Guidelines on Use of Ketamine for the Management of Acute Pain
- Labor Epidural Analgesia Linked to Reduced Likelihood of Successful Breastfeeding
- Novel Oral Treatment Safe, Effective for Migraine Headache Relief
- DFN-02 Nasal Spray Safe, Effective for Acute Treatment of Episodic Migraine
- Methadone Improves Short-Term Outcomes Better Than Morphine in Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Addressing Rare Headache Disorders: Acute Confusional Migraine
- Hospital-Owned Practices Associated With Positive Workplace Perceptions Among Staff
- Optimal Strategies for Opioid Weaning After Ambulatory Surgery
- Chinese Traditional Medicine Showed Effectiveness on Pain, Quality of Life in Advanced Cancer