Pregabalin, but not duloxetine, was shown to improve pain and function scores in patients with hand osteoarthritis.
Researchers examined alcohol consumption, smoking status, and body mass index as variables impacting patients' risk of osteoarthritis development or progression.
Vibrating gloves may help reduce hand pain in women with hand osteoarthritis
The first evidence-based recommendations on the use of imaging in osteoarthritis clinical practice have been released by the European League Against Rheumatism.
DAS28 were found to be significantly higher at baseline and at 12-month follow-up in a group of patients (n=9) with knee osteoarthritis.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Reviewing the Efficacy, Safety, and Tolerability of Cannabis-Based Medicines for Chronic Neuropathic Pain
- Tackling the Chronic Pain and Opioid Use Disorder Crises Through Public-Private Partnerships
- How the City of San Francisco Is Tackling the Intertwined HIV/HCV and Opioid Epidemics
- Pain Tolerance in Buprenorphine Maintenance Treatment
- The State of Drug Storage, Disposal Labeling Information for Opioid Analgesics
- Radiofrequency Ablation for Chronic Hip Pain: Reviewing the Evidence
- Opioid Use Disorder Treatment: Evidence-Based Guideline
- Betel Quid Addiction and Implications for Substance Use Disorder
- Low Back Pain: Contributing Factors, Prophylactic Strategies, and Effective Treatments
- Peripherally Acting Opioid and Cannabinoid May Be Effective for Neuropathic Pain
- Predicting Suicidal Ideation in Veterans With Chronic Pain
- Femoral Nerve Block Alone or in Combination With Sciatic Nerve Block for TKA: A Meta-Analysis
- Improved Care Efficiency Requires a More Manageable System
- Recommendations Developed on Gender Equity in Medicine
- Medication Adherence, Blood Pressure Reduction Assessed With Smartphone App Use