Generic Name and Formulations:
Gabapentin 300mg, 600mg; tabs.
Indications for GRALISE:
Swallow whole; do not crush, split or chew tabs. Take once daily with the evening meal. ≥18yrs: initially 300mg on Day 1, 600mg on Day 2, 900mg on Days 3–6, 1200mg on Days 7–10, 1500mg on Days 11–14, titrate up to 1800mg on Day 15. Renal impairment: CrCl 30–60mL/min: 600–1800mg. CrCl <30mL/min or on hemodialysis: not recommended.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Not interchangeable with other gabapentin products. Epilepsy. Increased risk of suicidal thoughts/behavior. Monitor for worsening of depression, suicidal thoughts/behavior, and unusual changes in mood/behavior. Multiorgan hypersensitivity. Renal impairment. Avoid abrupt cessation; if discontinuing, withdraw gradually over 1 week or longer. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat. C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May affect or be affected by hydrocodone. Potentiated by morphine. Separate dosing of aluminum- or magnesium-containing antacids by at least 2 hours. May cause false (+) results with urine protein tests (eg, Multistix SG).
Dizziness, somnolence, headache, lethargy, peripheral edema, diarrhea, dry mouth, pain in extremity.
Tabs 300mg—30; 600mg—90; 30-Day Starter pack—78 (9 x 300mg + 69 x 600mg)
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Two Screening Tools May Accurately Predict Transition From Acute to Chronic Low Back Pain
- Operant Learning May Provide More Benefits Than Energy Conservation in Fibromyalgia
- Predicting the Magnitude of Placebo Analgesia in Chronic Pain
- Methamphetamine Use on the Rise in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Examining the Efficacy of Different Oxygen Flow Rates for Cluster Headache Attacks
- The Unintended Consequences of the CDC Opioid Guideline According to Pain Management Specialists
- Initial Consultation for Neck Pain May Reduce Opioid Consumption, Healthcare Utilization
- FDA-Approved Test Provides Pharmacogenetic Reports Directly to Consumers
- Set of Interventions May Effectively Reduce Opioid Overprescribing
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- Half of the Responders to Our Poll Agree With the Approval of Dsuvia: We Want to Hear From You
- Daily Alcohol Use May Drive Chronic Pain in Adults With HIV
- Tools to Address the Opioid Crisis
- AHA/ACC Release Updated Guidelines for Cholesterol Management
- Women Fed Soy Formula as Infants More Likely to Experience Menstrual Pain