Generic Name and Formulations:
Nitroglycerin 400mcg; per pkt; sublingual powder.
Indications for GONITRO:
Acute relief of angina attack. Acute prophylaxis of angina pectoris.
Treatment: 1 or 2 packets (400mcg/packet) sublingually at onset, may give 1 additional packet every 5 mins as needed; max 3 packets in 15 mins. Prophylaxis: 5–10 mins before activity.
Concomitant PDE-5 inhibitors (eg, avanafil, sildenafil, tadalafil, vardenafil), soluble guanylate cyclase stimulators (eg, riociguat). Severe anemia. Increased intracranial pressure. Acute circulatory failure or shock.
Hypotensive (constrictive pericarditis, aortic or mitral stenosis) or volume depleted. Hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy. Use lowest effective dose. Elderly. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Hypotension potentiated by PDE-5 inhibitors, riociguat, antihypertensives, beta-adrenergic blockers, calcium channel blockers. Potentiated by high-dose aspirin. May antagonize tissue-type plasminogen activators (t-PA). Avoid ergotamine and related drugs; monitor if unavoidable.
Headache, dizziness, paresthesia, hypotension.
Pwd pkts—12, 36, 96
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Brain Plasticity in Patients With Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Chronic Pain Associated With Traumatic Brain Injury: Causes and Management
- Perturbation-Based Rehabilitation Effective for Chronic Low Back Pain
- Migraine Frequency Correlated With Depression and Anxiety
- IBS-Associated Chronic Pain: Formulation of Core Diagnostic Criteria
- Cannabis Use Associated With Aberrant Drug Behaviors
- Walgreens to Carry Naloxone in All Pharmacies to Combat Drug Abuse
- Independent Pharmacies Expanding Services Available to Patients
- Ketamine Exhibits Effective Pain Relief for Refractory Headaches
- Pain In Elite Athletes: IOC Recommendations on Contributing Factors and Treatment Approach
- Pain Processing: Examining the Role of Oxytocin
- Short- vs Long-Acting Opioids for Osteoarthritis Pain
- Extended-Release Naltrexone Injections Reduce Opioid Dependence
- Depressive Symptoms Among Medical Interns Increased With Work-Family Conflicts
- CMS Launches Initiative to Analyze Regulation Impact on Patient Care