Researchers discuss generic drug market failure, whereby a generic drug manufacturer increases the drug price, which can compromise care.
FDA Commissioner, Scott Gottlieb MD, said, "The FDA shares the goal of ensuring that American patients have access to quality and affordable care that meets their needs."
The FDA has announced a new policy to expedite reviews of generic drug applications in cases where competition is limited.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Two Screening Tools May Accurately Predict Transition From Acute to Chronic Low Back Pain
- Predicting the Magnitude of Placebo Analgesia in Chronic Pain
- Operant Learning May Provide More Benefits Than Energy Conservation in Fibromyalgia
- Methamphetamine Use on the Rise in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Tools to Address the Opioid Crisis
- The Unintended Consequences of the CDC Opioid Guideline According to Pain Management Specialists
- Initial Consultation for Neck Pain May Reduce Opioid Consumption, Healthcare Utilization
- FDA-Approved Test Provides Pharmacogenetic Reports Directly to Consumers
- Set of Interventions May Effectively Reduce Opioid Overprescribing
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- Nonsinogenic Headache vs Chronic Rhinosinusitis Differential Diagnosis Based on SNOT-22 Patterns
- Patterns of Non-Medical Prescription Opioid Use in Adolescents
- Factors Promoting Participation in Self-Management Training Program for Chronic Pain
- Gendered Perceptions of Socially Acceptable Pain Relief Strategies
- Majority of Internists Still Have Financial Ties to Industry