Generic Name and Formulations:
Cromolyn sodium 100mg/5mL; oral concentrate; preservative-free.
Indications for GASTROCROM:
Mix contents of amp in water and drink. ≥13yrs: 200mg 4 times daily, at regular intervals, ½ hour before meals and at bedtime; may increase if insufficient response within 2–3 weeks. Max 40mg/kg per day; maintain at lowest effective dose.
Mix contents of amp in water and drink. <2yrs: usually not recommended; see literature. 2–12yrs: 100mg 4 times daily, at regular intervals, ½ hour before meals and at bedtime; may increase if insufficient response within 2–3 weeks. Max 40mg/kg per day; maintain at lowest effective dose.
Renal or hepatic dysfunction, reduce dose. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Mast cell stabilizer.
Headache, GI upset, pruritus, myalgia, rash, irritability, malaise.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Deaths After Nonfatal Opioid Overdose: Causes and Risk Factors
- Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Associated With Reduced Risk for Opioid-Related Deaths
- Opioid-Free Analgesia Use for Postsurgical Pain Limited
- Clonidine May Not Improve Post-Cesarean Delivery Analgesia
- No Added Value With Liposomal Bupivacaine Following TKA With Peripheral Nerve Block
- Recommendations for Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Tolerance
- Vertebroplasty Comparable With Placebo for Acute Vertebral Compression Fractures
- Capsaicin 8% Patch May Be Effective in Neuropathic Pain
- Detox vs Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Prior Authorization Policy May Help Reduce Long-Acting Opioid Use
- Opioid-Related Deaths Represent Significant Public Health Burden
- Addressing Confidentiality Concerns With Electronic Access to Pediatric Medical Records
- Opioid-Related Adverse Events Common After Invasive Procedures
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Migraine in Children Should Consider Atopy
- Led by AG Sessions, DOJ Declines to Defend ACA Against Federal Lawsuit