Generic Name and Formulations:
Zinc acetate 25mg, 50mg; gelatin caps; contains parabens.
Indications for GALZIN:
Maintenance treatment of Wilsons disease in patients initially treated with a chelating agent.
Swallow whole. Take on empty stomach. 50mg three times daily. Pregnant women: 25mg three times daily; may increase to 50mg three times daily.
<10yrs: not recommended. ≥10yrs: 25mg three times daily; may increase to 50mg three times daily.
Monitor 24-hour urinary zinc, urine and plasma copper levels, LFTs, bilirubin, aminotransferases. Perform neuropsychiatric evaluations (eg, speech). Pregnancy (Cat.A). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
GI upset, elevated serum alkaline phosphatase, amylase, and lipase.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Brain Plasticity in Patients With Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Chronic Pain Associated With Traumatic Brain Injury: Causes and Management
- Perturbation-Based Rehabilitation Effective for Chronic Low Back Pain
- Migraine Frequency Correlated With Depression and Anxiety
- IBS-Associated Chronic Pain: Formulation of Core Diagnostic Criteria
- Cannabis Use Associated With Aberrant Drug Behaviors
- Walgreens to Carry Naloxone in All Pharmacies to Combat Drug Abuse
- Independent Pharmacies Expanding Services Available to Patients
- Ketamine Exhibits Effective Pain Relief for Refractory Headaches
- Pain In Elite Athletes: IOC Recommendations on Contributing Factors and Treatment Approach
- Naproxen Plus Muscle Relaxants vs Naproxen Monotherapy for Low Back Pain
- Pain Processing: Examining the Role of Oxytocin
- Short- vs Long-Acting Opioids for Osteoarthritis Pain
- Extended-Release Naltrexone Injections Reduce Opioid Dependence
- Depressive Symptoms in Medical Interns Increased With Work-Family Conflicts