Most Recent Articles by Florence Chaverneff, Ph.D.
In patients with multiple sclerosis, lesions in the right dorsolateral prefrontal cortex and posterior periventricular area may be associated with hypo and hyperalgesia.
Obama Administration Senior Policy Advisor and Addiction Expert on White House Initiative to Address the Opioid CrisisNov 07, 2017
On October 30, 2017, the Clinton Foundation's Health Matters Initiative held a panel event at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health for the release of a report co-written by these 2 organizations, titled "The Opioid Epidemic - From Evidence to Impact."
Opioid Crisis Declared Public Health Emergency by White House: Implications According to Pain SpecialistsOct 27, 2017
On October 26, 2017, President Trump declared the opioid epidemic a national public health emergency.
In a controversial and divisive article, a group of researchers proposes to improve "statistical standards of evidence" by lowering the P value from P <.05 to P <.005 in the fields of biomedical and social sciences.
At PAINWeek 2017, Dr Joshi gave on overview of stem cell therapies used in regenerative medicine to treat a number of pain conditions.
More Articles by Florence Chaverneff, Ph.D.
Identification of Mechanism Involved in the Maintenance of Pain Behaviors, Mechanical HypersensitivityAug 02,2017
Discrepancies in Subjective vs Objective Sleep in Patients Receiving Buprenorphine for Opioid Use DisorderJun 20,2017
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Brain Plasticity in Patients With Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Perturbation-Based Rehabilitation Effective for Chronic Low Back Pain
- IBS-Associated Chronic Pain: Formulation of Core Diagnostic Criteria
- Cannabis Use Associated With Relationship Between Pain and Negative Affect
- Fluoroscopically Guided Sacroiliac Interventions: Appropriate Use Criteria
- Cannabis Use Associated With Aberrant Drug Behaviors
- Walgreens to Carry Naloxone in All Pharmacies to Combat Drug Abuse
- Independent Pharmacies Expanding Services Available to Patients
- Ketamine Exhibits Effective Pain Relief for Refractory Headaches
- Pain In Elite Athletes: IOC Recommendations on Contributing Factors and Treatment Approach
- Naproxen Plus Muscle Relaxants vs Naproxen Monotherapy for Low Back Pain
- Pain Processing: Examining the Role of Oxytocin
- Short- vs Long-Acting Opioids for Osteoarthritis Pain
- Extended-Release Naltrexone Injections Reduce Opioid Dependence
- Depressive Symptoms in Medical Interns Increased With Work-Family Conflicts