Novel psychosocial therapies such as cognitive behavioral therapy that have been effective in adults with fibromyalgia need additional neuromuscular fitness training to overcome catastrophizing and fear of exercise in adolescents.
Pressure pain sensitivity is differentially linked to response to sham vs verum acupuncture in patients with fibromyalgia.
Researchers identified characteristics associated with pain improvement in patients with fibromyalgia who take antidepressant medications.
Transcranial random noise stimulation was shown to alleviate fibromyalgia-associated symptoms.
This is especially important given that patients with fibromyalgia have difficulty attending treatment sessions in person.
The US FDA is warning physicians and patients for the second time to be aware of an experimental procedure that is being promoted as a treatment in autonomic dysfunction.
There were clinically significant improvement in various items from the Symptom Checklist-90-R.
Patients with fibromyalgia syndrome have high prevalence of anti-TSH receptor antibody.
"Exercise-based motivational interviewing was associated with sustained clinical benefits 6 months after completion of therapy, but only for those who were not taking opioids."
At post-treatment examination, participants in the exercise group demonstrated a significantly greater improvement in general fatigue, physical fatigue, and mental fatigue, compared to the active control group.
Improvements in almost all variables under study, including pain perception, vitality, mental health
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Intrathecal Ziconotide Long-Term Efficacy and Safety for Severe Chronic Pain
- Sciatic Plus Femoral Nerve Blocks Effective on Total Hip Arthroplasty-Related Pain
- Psychological Factors, Not Opioid Use, Linked with Disability After Fracture Surgery
- Acupressure Not Effective as Adjunctive Therapy to Sodium Valproate for Chronic Migraine With Aura
- Morphine Lacks Efficacy for RA, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia
- Yoga Improves Health Outcomes in Veterans With Chronic Low Back Pain
- The Advice You Give Your Patients May Be Just What They Need to Hear
- Childhood Adversity Common in Patients With Fibromyalgia, Chronic Widespread Pain
- Peripheral Nerve Stimulation Effective for Chronic Pain With Postherpetic Neuralgia
- Neonatal Withdrawal Risk Higher With Opioids Plus Psychotropic Drugs