Ilioinguinal-Transversus Abdominis Plane Block When Standard Analgesia Fails After Cesarean DeliveryFebruary 23, 2018
Ilioinguinal-transversus abdominis plane block was shown to provide superior pain relief compared with a multimodal analgesic regimen in patients undergoing an elective cesarean delivery.
A case of new-onset amnesia occurring after cocaine use and possible fentanyl use was described.
The announcement comes from the Department of Justice and will give the Drug Enforcement Agency the ability to take immediate action to stop illicit fentanyl from coming into the US.
Fentanyl was detected in more than half of the 5152 opioid overdose deaths in 10 states from July through December of 2016.
Intravenous dexamethasone may represent an effective analgesic strategy during labor and result in drug dose sparing of both levobupivacaine and fentanyl.
WHO has updated its Essential Medicines List to include new recommendations on which antibiotics to use for common infections and serious conditions.
Fentanyl sublingual tablets are preferred over subcutaneous morphine in patients with severe breakthrough cancer pain.
Deaths from overdoses of illicitly manufactured fentanyl have increased significantly in recent years.
Depomed has announced that Lazanda (fentanyl) nasal spray, CII, is now available at 300mcg dose strength to treat cancer pain.
Nebulized fentanyl is as effective as IV opioids for the treatment of acute pain.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Two Screening Tools May Accurately Predict Transition From Acute to Chronic Low Back Pain
- Operant Learning May Provide More Benefits Than Energy Conservation in Fibromyalgia
- Predicting the Magnitude of Placebo Analgesia in Chronic Pain
- Methamphetamine Use on the Rise in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Examining the Efficacy of Different Oxygen Flow Rates for Cluster Headache Attacks
- The Unintended Consequences of the CDC Opioid Guideline According to Pain Management Specialists
- Initial Consultation for Neck Pain May Reduce Opioid Consumption, Healthcare Utilization
- FDA-Approved Test Provides Pharmacogenetic Reports Directly to Consumers
- Set of Interventions May Effectively Reduce Opioid Overprescribing
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- Nonsinogenic Headache vs Chronic Rhinosinusitis Differential Diagnosis Based on SNOT-22 Patterns
- Patterns of Non-Medical Prescription Opioid Use in Adolescents
- Factors Promoting Participation in Self-Management Training Program for Chronic Pain
- Gendered Perceptions of Socially Acceptable Pain Relief Strategies
- Majority of Internists Still Have Financial Ties to Industry