Researchers attempted to quantify the environmental effects of disposing certain drugs by flushing them down the toilet, and found that this approach poses a negligible eco-toxicological risk.
A precautionary recall of Menveo, a meningitis vaccine, was announced by GlaxoSmithKline due to a mechanical intervention.
Boehringer Ingelheim has initiated a clinical study to investigate the interchangeability between an adalimumab biosimilar candidate and Humira.
Sequoia Sciences announced that the FDA has granted Fast Track Designation to its investigational vaccine for recurrent urinary tract infections caused by multi-drug resistant bacteria.
GlaxoSmithKline has made the decision to discontinue manufacturing Ceftin Oral Suspension, a cephalosporin antibacterial drug.
The FDA has accepted for review the Biologics License Application for Aimovig for migraine prophylaxis in patients experiencing more than 4 migraine days per month.
Highlights from the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine report titled "Pain Management and the Opioid Epidemic: Balancing Societal and Individual Benefits and Risks of Prescription Opioid Use."
The FDA has announced a new policy to expedite reviews of generic drug applications in cases where competition is limited.
Naldemedine, a recently approved agent for opioid-induced constipation, showed good safety and significantly higher responder rates than placebo in a couple of 12-week, international, randomized trials.
The FDA is restricting the use of codeine and tramadol medicines in children.
The FDA released guidance to establish standards for communications about products.
The Food and Drug Administration has accepted for review the New Drug Application for Zilretta for the treatment of patients with osteoarthritis of the knee.
The FDA has issued a final guidance document for the naming of reference biological products and biosimilars.
Dr Katz formulated 10 recommendations for the FDA, 3 of which he detailed during his presentation.
Analysis found roughly 10 percent of cases were filed after 15-day deadline passed.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- FDA's Flush List: Assessing the Environmental Impact
- Intrathecal Ziconotide Long-Term Efficacy and Safety for Severe Chronic Pain
- Sciatic Plus Femoral Nerve Blocks Effective on Total Hip Arthroplasty-Related Pain
- Yoga Improves Health Outcomes in Veterans With Chronic Low Back Pain
- Morphine Lacks Efficacy for RA, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia
- Uniport vs Multiport Catheters for Labor Epidural Analgesia
- Disease Activity Biomarker in Pediatric SLE
- Guidance on Preventing Medical Billing Errors
- Preemptive Analgesia With Acetaminophen Reduces Headaches Associated With Electroconvulsive Therapy
- Minimum Headache Duration Requiring Subarachnoid Hemorrhage Evaluation