Generic Name and Formulations:
Sodium hyaluronate 10mg/mL; soln for intra-articular inj.
Ferring Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for EUFLEXXA:
Osteoarthritis of the knee in patients who have failed nonpharmacologic therapy and analgesics (eg, acetaminophen).
Prior to treatment: remove joint effusion (use separate syringe), if present. Inject 2mL (full syringe contents) intra-articularly in each affected knee weekly for 3 weeks. Use separate syringes for each knee.
Knee joint infection or skin disease at inj site.
Repeated treatment cycles: not established. Avoid intravascular injection. Avoid strenuous activity within 48hrs after injection. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Avoid disinfectants with quaternary ammonium salts. Concomitant other intra-articular injectables: not recommended.
Arthralgia, increase blood pressure, inj site pain, local reactions, transient knee inflammation.
Single-use prefilled syringes (2mL)—1
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Stages of Low Back Pain Have Specific Sets of Clinical Indicators
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- Pain Interference Associated With Depression, Pain Self-Efficacy in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Detox vs Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Factors Associated With Neuropathic Pain in Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Effect of Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs on Fatal, Nonfatal Drug Overdoses
- Standardized SCS Workflow May Effectively Alleviate Failed Back Surgery Syndrome-Related Pain
- Marijuana Legalization and Opioid Prescribing Rates
- Medical Marijuana Users More Likely to Use Prescription Drugs for Medical, Nonmedical Purposes
- Interbrain Coupling During Handholding Associated With Analgesia, Empathy
- FDA Issues Warning to Companies Selling Kratom-Containing Products
- Recommendations Developed for Managing Postpartum Pain
- Cryoablation Efficacious for Cancer Pain, Review Finds
- Art Intervention Clinically Effective in Treating Cancer-Related Pain, Mood Symptoms
- Pain, Cognitive Dysfunction in SLE Mediated by Sleep Disturbance, Depression