Generic Name and Formulations:
Anidulafungin 50mg/vial, 100mg/vial; pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution and dilution; preservative-free; contains fructose and mannitol.
Indications for ERAXIS:
Candidemia. Esophageal candidiasis. Other Candida infections (intra-abdominal abscess, peritonitis).
Give by IV infusion; max rate 1.1mg/minute. Candidiasis, intra-abdominal abscess, peritonitis: 200mg on day 1, then 100mg/day for at least 14 days after last positive culture. Esophageal candidiasis: 100mg on day 1, then 50mg/day for at least 14 days and at least 7 days after symptom resolution.
≤16yrs: not established.
Follow-up if hepatic dysfunction develops. Discontinue and treat appropriately if anaphylactic reactions occur. Pregnancy: avoid. Nursing mothers.
Glucan synthesis inhibitor (echinocandin).
Hypokalemia, GI upset, pyrexia, insomnia, anemia, headache, dyspepsia; hepatic effects, infusion reactions, anaphylactic reactions.
Fecal, renal (minor).
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Risks Associated With Co-Administration of Aspirin and Other NSAIDs
- Stages of Low Back Pain Have Specific Sets of Clinical Indicators
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- First Non-Opioid Drug Approved for Managing Opioid Withdrawal Symptoms
- Pain Interference Associated With Depression, Pain Self-Efficacy in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Effect of Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs on Fatal, Nonfatal Drug Overdoses
- Standardized SCS Workflow May Effectively Alleviate Failed Back Surgery Syndrome-Related Pain
- Marijuana Legalization and Opioid Prescribing Rates
- Medical Marijuana Users More Likely to Use Prescription Drugs for Medical, Nonmedical Purposes
- Interbrain Coupling During Handholding Associated With Analgesia, Empathy
- Opioid-Related Adverse Drug Events Associated With Worse Patient, Cost Outcomes
- Education Plus Exercise, Single Corticosteroid Injection Effective in Long Term for Gluteal Tendinopathy
- Detox vs Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Naloxone Training Beneficial for PA Students
- Supervised Injection Sites Hailed as the Latest Strategy to Fight the Opioid Crisis