Generic Name and Formulations:
Eprosartan (as mesylate) 400mg, 600mg; tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Eprosartan:
Monotherapy: not volume depleted: initially 600mg once daily. Usual range: 400–800mg/day given as a single dose or in two divided doses. Moderate-to-severe renal impairment: max 600mg daily.
Concomitant aliskiren in patients with diabetes.
Fetal toxicity may develop; discontinue if pregnancy is detected. Correct salt/volume depletion before beginning therapy or monitor closely. Monitor BP, renal function, electrolytes. Renal artery stenosis. Severe CHF. Neonates. Pregnancy (Cat.D); monitor. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
See Contraindications. Dual inhibition of the renin-angiotensin system with ARBs, ACEIs, or aliskiren may increase risk of hypotension, hyperkalemia, renal function changes; avoid. Avoid concomitant aliskiren in renal impairment (CrCl <60mL/min). May be antagonized by, and renal toxicity potentiated by NSAIDs, including COX-2 inhibitors; monitor renal function periodically in elderly and/or volume-depleted. May increase lithium levels; monitor.
Angiotensin II receptor blocker (ARB).
Viral infection, injury, fatigue, abdominal pain, hypertriglyceridemia, arthralgia, depression, urinary tract or upper respiratory tract infection, rhinitis, pharyngitis, coughing, hypotension, rhabdomyolysis (rare).
Formerly known under the brand name Teveten.
Hepatic. 98% protein bound.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Deaths After Nonfatal Opioid Overdose: Causes and Risk Factors
- Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Associated With Reduced Risk for Opioid-Related Deaths
- Opioid-Free Analgesia Use for Postsurgical Pain Limited
- Clonidine May Not Improve Post-Cesarean Delivery Analgesia
- No Added Value With Liposomal Bupivacaine Following TKA With Peripheral Nerve Block
- Recommendations for Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Tolerance
- Vertebroplasty Comparable With Placebo for Acute Vertebral Compression Fractures
- Capsaicin 8% Patch May Be Effective in Neuropathic Pain
- Detox vs Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Prior Authorization Policy May Help Reduce Long-Acting Opioid Use
- Opioid-Related Deaths Represent Significant Public Health Burden
- Addressing Confidentiality Concerns With Electronic Access to Pediatric Medical Records
- Opioid-Related Adverse Events Common After Invasive Procedures
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Migraine in Children Should Consider Atopy
- Led by AG Sessions, DOJ Declines to Defend ACA Against Federal Lawsuit