Epidural Steroid Injections
Targeted indwelling caudal epidural steroid injection in combination with a four-step manipulative therapy may be a safe and effective method for reducing pain intensity and functional disability in patients with symptomatic lumbar disc hernia.
Transforaminal Epidural Steroid Injections Effective for Pain Relief in Lumbar Foraminal Spinal StenosisFebruary 13, 2018
Transforaminal epidural steroid injections may be more effective in relieving pain in patients with mild to moderate vs severe lower extremity radicular pain associated with lumbar foraminal spinal stenosis.
Epidural Steroid Injections Associated With Decreased Bone Mineral Density, Increased Risk for Vertebral FractureJanuary 25, 2018
Epidural steroid injections may be associated with reduced bone mineral density and an increased risk for vertebral fracture.
Opioid use prior to epidural steroid injections for degenerative spine diseases may not have an impact on the long-term effectiveness of the injections.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- History of Migraine May Be Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Radiofrequency Denervation Efficacious in Treating Thoracic Zygapophyseal Joint Pain
- Symptom Severity, Sensory Sensitivity May Indicate Pain Centralization in Chronic Overlapping Pain Conditions
- Stat Consult: Chronic Low Back Pain
- Opioid Misuse May Help Predict Alcohol Dependence Treatment Outcomes
- Consensus Guidelines for the Use of Intravenous Ketamine for Chronic Pain
- Pain Societies Issue Guidelines on Use of Ketamine for the Management of Acute Pain
- Labor Epidural Analgesia Linked to Reduced Likelihood of Successful Breastfeeding
- Novel Oral Treatment Safe, Effective for Migraine Headache Relief
- DFN-02 Nasal Spray Safe, Effective for Acute Treatment of Episodic Migraine
- Methadone Improves Short-Term Outcomes Better Than Morphine in Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Addressing Rare Headache Disorders: Acute Confusional Migraine
- Hospital-Owned Practices Associated With Positive Workplace Perceptions Among Staff
- Optimal Strategies for Opioid Weaning After Ambulatory Surgery
- Chinese Traditional Medicine Showed Effectiveness on Pain, Quality of Life in Advanced Cancer