Generic Name and Formulations:
Rasburicase (recombinant) 1.5mg, 7.5mg; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution and dilution; contains mannitol.
Indications for ELITEK:
Single course treatment for initial management of plasma uric acid levels in patients with leukemia, lymphoma, and solid tumor malignancies who are receiving anti-cancer therapy expected to result in tumor lysis and subsequent elevation of plasma uric acid.
Adults and Children:
Give by IV infusion over 30 mins. 0.2mg/kg daily for 5 days. Dosing >5 days or more than one course of treatment: not recommended.
History of anaphylaxis, or development of hemolytic reactions or methemoglobinemia to rasburicase. G6PD deficiency.
Discontinue permanently if serious hypersensitivity reactions (including anaphylaxis), hemolysis, or methemoglobinemia develops. Screen high risk patients (eg, African or Mediterranean ancestry) for G6PD deficiency prior to initiation. Pregnancy (Cat.C); avoid. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Interferes with uric acid measurements in blood samples left at room temperature.
GI upset, pyrexia, peripheral edema, anxiety, headache, abdominal pain, constipation, hypophosphatemia, hyperbilirubinemia, mucositis, sepsis; anaphylaxis, hemolysis, methemoglobinemia.
Single-use vials 1.5mg—3 (w. diluent); 7.5mg—1 (w. diluent)
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Deaths After Nonfatal Opioid Overdose: Causes and Risk Factors
- Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Associated With Reduced Risk for Opioid-Related Deaths
- Opioid-Free Analgesia Use for Postsurgical Pain Limited
- Clonidine May Not Improve Post-Cesarean Delivery Analgesia
- No Added Value With Liposomal Bupivacaine Following TKA With Peripheral Nerve Block
- Recommendations for Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Tolerance
- Vertebroplasty Comparable With Placebo for Acute Vertebral Compression Fractures
- Capsaicin 8% Patch May Be Effective in Neuropathic Pain
- Detox vs Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Prior Authorization Policy May Help Reduce Long-Acting Opioid Use
- Opioid-Related Deaths Represent Significant Public Health Burden
- Addressing Confidentiality Concerns With Electronic Access to Pediatric Medical Records
- Opioid-Related Adverse Events Common After Invasive Procedures
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Migraine in Children Should Consider Atopy
- Led by AG Sessions, DOJ Declines to Defend ACA Against Federal Lawsuit