Econazole nitrate cream 1% Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Econazole nitrate 1%; crm.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Econazole nitrate cream 1%:
Tinea pedis, t. cruris, t. corporis, t. versicolor, cutaneous candidiasis.
Adults and Children:
T. pedis, t. versicolor, t. cruris, t. corporis: apply once daily. Cutaneous candidiasis: twice daily. Continue for 4 weeks for t. pedis; others 2 weeks.
Discontinue if sensitization or excessive irritation occurs. Pregnancy (Cat.C; not recommended in 1st trimester, unless essential). Nursing mothers.
Burning, itching, erythema, stinging.
Formerly known under the brand name Spectazole.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Brain Plasticity in Patients With Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Chronic Pain Associated With Traumatic Brain Injury: Causes and Management
- Perturbation-Based Rehabilitation Effective for Chronic Low Back Pain
- Migraine Frequency Correlated With Depression and Anxiety
- IBS-Associated Chronic Pain: Formulation of Core Diagnostic Criteria
- Cannabis Use Associated With Aberrant Drug Behaviors
- Walgreens to Carry Naloxone in All Pharmacies to Combat Drug Abuse
- Independent Pharmacies Expanding Services Available to Patients
- Ketamine Exhibits Effective Pain Relief for Refractory Headaches
- Pain In Elite Athletes: IOC Recommendations on Contributing Factors and Treatment Approach
- Pain Processing: Examining the Role of Oxytocin
- Short- vs Long-Acting Opioids for Osteoarthritis Pain
- Extended-Release Naltrexone Injections Reduce Opioid Dependence
- Depressive Symptoms Among Medical Interns Increased With Work-Family Conflicts
- CMS Launches Initiative to Analyze Regulation Impact on Patient Care