Generic Name and Formulations:
Azelastine HCl, fluticasone propionate 137mcg/50mcg; per 0.137mL metered nasal spray; aqueous suspension.
Indications for DYMISTA:
Seasonal allergic rhinitis.
Adults and Children:
<6yrs: not established. ≥6yrs: 1 spray per nostril twice daily.
Avoid use in recent nasal ulcers, nasal surgery, or nasal trauma. Respiratory tract tuberculosis. Infections (eg, fungal, bacterial, viral, ocular herpes simplex). Avoid exposure to chickenpox and measles; if exposed, consider anti-infective prophylactic therapy. If adrenal insufficiency exists following systemic corticosteroid therapy, replacement with topical corticosteroids may exacerbate symptoms of adrenal insufficiency (eg, lassitude, depression). Monitor growth routinely in children. Monitor for hypercorticism and HPA axis suppression (if occur discontinue gradually), and Candida infection or other nasal mucosal changes. History of increased intraocular pressure, glaucoma, and/or cataracts; monitor any change in vision. Avoid eyes. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid alcohol or other CNS depressants. Concomitant ritonavir: not recommended. Caution with other potent CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole).
Antihistamine + corticosteroid.
Dysgeusia, epistaxis, headache; somnolence, vision changes.
Pump (23g)—120 sprays
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Deaths After Nonfatal Opioid Overdose: Causes and Risk Factors
- Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Associated With Reduced Risk for Opioid-Related Deaths
- Opioid-Free Analgesia Use for Postsurgical Pain Limited
- Clonidine May Not Improve Post-Cesarean Delivery Analgesia
- No Added Value With Liposomal Bupivacaine Following TKA With Peripheral Nerve Block
- Recommendations for Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Tolerance
- Vertebroplasty Comparable With Placebo for Acute Vertebral Compression Fractures
- Capsaicin 8% Patch May Be Effective in Neuropathic Pain
- Detox vs Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Prior Authorization Policy May Help Reduce Long-Acting Opioid Use
- Opioid-Related Deaths Represent Significant Public Health Burden
- Addressing Confidentiality Concerns With Electronic Access to Pediatric Medical Records
- Opioid-Related Adverse Events Common After Invasive Procedures
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Migraine in Children Should Consider Atopy
- Led by AG Sessions, DOJ Declines to Defend ACA Against Federal Lawsuit