Erelzi, a biosimilar for Enbrel, treats rheumatoid arthritis and other inflammatory diseases.
Acetaminophen may impede the ability to recognize and empathize with others' pain.
The US spends more on medications than any other country.
Despite legislation, there is a longer wait time for vital acute-care medications.
Improved odds seen for patients with colon, prostate, or breast tumors, but research isn't definitive.
Craving is known to be influenced by patient-specific variables such as sex, negative affect, and history of SUD,but few studies have examined the impact of day-to-day changes in pain intensity.
Benefits for primary prevention of CVD, CRC for certain adults aged 50 to 69 years.
New research suggests that Americans lack a basic understanding of NSAIDs.
For practitioners who are interested in implementing an e-prescribing system, Dr Hurford suggests that they seek feedback from colleagues.
New research suggests that ibuprofen does not increase the risk of bleeding after plastic surgery procedures.
The FDA has announced the steps it plans to take in order to expand the use of abuse-deterrent opioids.
President Barack Obama will announce new public and private initiatives directed at curbing opioid abuse across the country.
While 99% exceed the recommended 3-day dosage limit, a quarter write a prescription for a full month.
Many do not tell their doctors, putting them at risk for dangerous drug interactions.
New research reviews nationwide patterns of painkiller prescribing following surgical tooth extraction.
New research suggests that more upstate New Yorkers with back pain are undergoing surgery and taking prescription opioids, despite the availability of noninvasive treatments.
The CDC has issued guidelines for primary care providers who prescribe opioids for chronic pain.
To understand patterns of postoperative opioid prescribing over time, researchers examined the trends of commonly-prescribed opioids after low-risk surgical procedures in the United States.
Does your pain clinic currently allow the use of cannabis in combination with opioid medication? If so, has a maximum THC threshold been identified? How have your patients responded to such treatment?
Are we overestimating the efficacy of step III analgesics?
Effect was seen most strongly with colon, gastrointestinal tumors.
Patient monitoring and pain specialist support can help primary care practitioners better manage their patients taking opioids for chronic pain.
Understanding factors that influence medication nonadherence may guide clinicians in implementing adherence strategies.
Effect seen in histological, plasma analysis by preventing mitochondrial changes.
After legalization, pot-related ER visits increased faster for visitors than for Colorado residents.
The severity of peripheral neuropathy is associated with lower vitamin D levels among patients with multiple myeloma.
Overdose death rate also increased but leveled out after 2010.
Clinicians treating patients with fibromyalgia may want to consider LDN as a treatment option.
As opioid overdoses continue to become an increasingly common occurrence in the health care setting, clinicians may want to begin tracking these instances by evaluating Naloxone use in the hospital.
Clinical Pain Advisor met up with Dr Erin E Krebs at AAPM's annual meeting after her discussion on what opioids mean for the primary care physician in 2016 to discuss the CDC's guidelines for prescribing opioids in patients with chronic pain.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Vibrating Gloves Significantly Reduce Osteoarthritis-Related Hand Pain
- Neuroimaging for Chronic Pain: IASP Consensus Statement
- Neuroinflammation in Neuropathic Pain Indicated by Elevated Levels of Proinflammatory Chemokines in CSF
- Low-Dose Perineural Dexamethasone Prolongs Effects of Brachial Plexus Nerve Block
- Hypertension in Chronic Pain: Risk Factors
- Liposomal Bupivacaine Effective for Shoulder Arthroplasty-Related Pain
- Reducing the P-Value for Statistical Significance to Improve the Quality of Research?
- FDA's Strategies for Managing Patients Taking CNS Depressants and Opioids
- Opioid Prescriptions Following Common Surgeries: Optimal Durations
- Electrotherapy, Acupuncture May Decrease Pain Following Total Knee Arthroplasty
- Opioid Use Low Among Veterans With Recent Traumatic Brain Injury Diagnosis
- Predictive Ability of Intermittent Pain Diaries in Sickle Cell Disease
- Recurrent Chest Pain Linked to Depression, Anxiety
- Nasal Sumatriptan Results in Faster Migraine Pain Relief
- Pay Inequality, Contract Negotiation Top Concerns for Female Physicians