In a controversial and divisive article, a group of researchers proposes to improve "statistical standards of evidence" by lowering the P value from P <.05 to P <.005 in the fields of biomedical and social sciences.
Multiple new drugs for pain management have been recently introduced or approved, and additional agents are currently under investigation.
Boehringer Ingelheim has initiated a clinical study to investigate the interchangeability between an adalimumab biosimilar candidate and Humira.
The FDA has accepted for review the Biologics License Application for Aimovig for migraine prophylaxis in patients experiencing more than 4 migraine days per month.
Pharmaceutical companies are working to develop non-opioid drugs for chronic and postoperative pain.
Dr Katz formulated 10 recommendations for the FDA, 3 of which he detailed during his presentation.
Drug development faces 2 major issues: pre-clinical animal efficacy studies do not accurately predict human efficacy, and clinical trials often wrongly fail to show drug efficacy.
🎥 Dr James Campbell's team is developing safe, non-addictive and effective therapies to treat chronic pain using a big data approach, and focusing on osteoarthritis, chronic low back pain and headache.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Vibrating Gloves Significantly Reduce Osteoarthritis-Related Hand Pain
- Virtual Reality for Pain Relief: Understanding the Underlying Mechanisms
- Neuroimaging for Chronic Pain: IASP Consensus Statement
- Neuroinflammation in Neuropathic Pain Indicated by Elevated Levels of Proinflammatory Chemokines in CSF
- Opioid Prescriptions Following Common Surgeries: Optimal Durations
- Liposomal Bupivacaine Effective for Shoulder Arthroplasty-Related Pain
- Reducing the P-Value for Statistical Significance to Improve the Quality of Research?
- FDA's Strategies for Managing Patients Taking CNS Depressants and Opioids
- Electrotherapy, Acupuncture May Decrease Pain Following Total Knee Arthroplasty
- Low-Dose Oromucosal Ibuprofen Effective for Relieving Sore Throat
- Survey Finds Teens Divided on Beliefs and Attitudes of Prescription Drug Abuse
- HIV-Positive Patients Experience Frequent Headaches
- Low-Dose Perineural Dexamethasone Prolongs Effects of Brachial Plexus Nerve Block
- Business Savvy Tips for Buying a Practice
- Diphenhydramine Decreases Pain During Colonoscopy for Chronic Opioid Users