Generic Name and Formulations:
Digoxin Immune Fab (ovine) 40mg/vial; IV inj after reconstitution; preservative-free.
Indications for DIGIFAB:
Digoxin toxicity or overdose.
Adults and Children:
See literature. Dose based on amount of digoxin or digitoxin to be neutralized. Contents of 1 vial neutralizes 0.5mg digoxin.
Previous allergies to antibiotics, sheep antibodies, papain or papaya extracts. Monitor potassium, renal, and cardiac function. Postpone redigitalization until Fab fragments cleared. Interferes with digitalis immunoassays. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Symptoms of digoxin withdrawal. Hypokalemia.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Two Screening Tools May Accurately Predict Transition From Acute to Chronic Low Back Pain
- Tools to Address the Opioid Crisis
- Methamphetamine Use on the Rise in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Operant Learning May Provide More Benefits Than Energy Conservation in Fibromyalgia
- Examining the Efficacy of Different Oxygen Flow Rates for Cluster Headache Attacks
- The Unintended Consequences of the CDC Opioid Guideline According to Pain Management Specialists
- Initial Consultation for Neck Pain May Reduce Opioid Consumption, Healthcare Utilization
- FDA-Approved Test Provides Pharmacogenetic Reports Directly to Consumers
- Set of Interventions May Effectively Reduce Opioid Overprescribing
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- FDA Panel Votes in Favor of Abuse-Deterrent Oxycodone Reformulation
- FDA Proposes New Restrictions on Sale of Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems
- Central Sensitization in Greater Trochanteric Pain Syndrome
- Pain Acceptance May Reduce Headache-Related Disability in Migraine
- FDA Issues Safety Alert Regarding Intrathecal Delivery of Pain Meds