Decision support systems in clinical settings can dramatically decrease the time and manpower needed to perform a variety of tasks, but are they more harmful than helpful?
A challenge facing clinicians regarding the diagnosis of small fiber neuropathies lies in the scarcity of objective biomarkers.
Pain at pressure areas on the skin surface independently predicts the development of pressure ulcers in acutely ill patients.
The symptoms could be useful to develop methods of earlier detection of inflammatory arthritis.
A research group developed the algorithm through a year-long process of reviewing data, sharing their own clinical experiences, and considering feedback from geriatric and pain societies.
Understanding pain mechanisms for targeted treatments.
Neurologists should keep in mind that, although migraine is more common in women, it does occur in men.
For improved treatment of neuropathic pain
A Minority of patients presenting to the ED with chest pain are diagnosed with life-threatening conditions
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- History of Migraine May Be Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Radiofrequency Denervation Efficacious in Treating Thoracic Zygapophyseal Joint Pain
- Symptom Severity, Sensory Sensitivity May Indicate Pain Centralization in Chronic Overlapping Pain Conditions
- Prescribed Opioids Difficulties Scale Effective for Assessing Concerns of Patients With Chronic Pain
- Stat Consult: Chronic Low Back Pain
- Consensus Guidelines for the Use of Intravenous Ketamine for Chronic Pain
- Pain Societies Issue Guidelines on Use of Ketamine for the Management of Acute Pain
- Labor Epidural Analgesia Linked to Reduced Likelihood of Successful Breastfeeding
- Novel Oral Treatment Safe, Effective for Migraine Headache Relief
- DFN-02 Nasal Spray Safe, Effective for Acute Treatment of Episodic Migraine
- Methadone Improves Short-Term Outcomes Better Than Morphine in Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Addressing Rare Headache Disorders: Acute Confusional Migraine
- Hospital-Owned Practices Associated With Positive Workplace Perceptions Among Staff
- Optimal Strategies for Opioid Weaning After Ambulatory Surgery
- Chinese Traditional Medicine Showed Effectiveness on Pain, Quality of Life in Advanced Cancer