Cumulative probability of proliferative diabetic retinopathy worsening was 42% in the panretinal photocoagulation group vs 34% in the ranibizumab group.
New research suggests a new approach to understanding wound healing in the treatment of corneal and skin diabetic ulcers by closely examining the cellular and molecular mechanisms underlying DPN.
While there was no overall improvement, treatment with long-acting C-peptide improved vibration perception threshold.
One of the key contributors to peripheral nerve disease in patients with diabetes is the central nervous system.
Increase in prevalence from 2002-2013, with highest prevalence among those aged 12 to 18 years
Similar rates of recommended processes of care with nurse practitioners, primary care physicians.
Addition of finerenone to ACE inhibitor or ARB tied to reduction in urinary albumin-creatinine ratio
A plasmid containing two human hepatocyte growth factor isoforms may improve quality of life for patients with painful diabetic neuropathy.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Opioid Use in Chronic Low Back Pain: A Population Study
- Risks Associated With Co-Administration of Aspirin and Other NSAIDs
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- Stages of Low Back Pain Have Specific Sets of Clinical Indicators
- First Non-Opioid Drug Approved for Managing Opioid Withdrawal Symptoms
- Effect of Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs on Fatal, Nonfatal Drug Overdoses
- Standardized SCS Workflow May Effectively Alleviate Failed Back Surgery Syndrome-Related Pain
- Marijuana Legalization and Opioid Prescribing Rates
- Medical Marijuana Users More Likely to Use Prescription Drugs for Medical, Nonmedical Purposes
- Interbrain Coupling During Handholding Associated With Analgesia, Empathy
- IV Tramadol Significantly Reduces Post-Op Pain in Phase 3 Study
- Telehealth-Delivered Behavioral Therapy, Supportive Care Beneficial for Low Back Pain
- Patient-Controlled Analgesia Pumps Have Low Device-Related Error Rates
- Adding Chiropractic to Usual Care Beneficial for Low Back Pain
- Illness Perceptions Mediate Back Pain, Quality of Life in Early Axial Spondyloarthritis