Most primary care physicians can't identify all 11 risk factors for prediabetes, and it's important to address gaps in knowledge.
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy does not facilitate wound healing or reduce indications for amputation.
For diabetes patients, greater EHR-related health improvements for high-cohesion primary care teams.
Modern management focuses on thorough preoperative assessment, diabetes optimization.
No benefit seen with the diet for prevention of diabetic nephropathy.
Findings shows insulin resistance peaks in early adolescence, so exercise crucial during this period.
Older adults more compliant, but significant outcomes improved across ages.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Opioid Use Disorders: Advances in Pharmacotherapy Provide Long-term Results
- Abuse-Deterrent Opioid Formulations: Barriers to Broader Use
- Women Frequently Prescribed High Doses of Opioids After Vaginal Delivery
- Notifications by PDMPs May Not Effectively Reduce Opioid Misuse
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- Prioritizing Rest in Hospital Settings: Poor Sleep Increases Costs, Complications, and Mortality
- Pain Catastrophizing Decreases in Rheumatoid Arthritis After DMARD Initiation
- Addressing Commercial Incentives in the Medical Device Industry
- Cancer Patients Treated With Step III Opioids Often Have Sleep Disturbances
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective