The lack of a standard definition for disease flare made recognizing them complicated, but it's now easier thanks to a new and effective identification tool from OMERACT.
Increased baseline gene expression in peripheral blood may be associated with improved clinical response to methotrexate in rheumatoid arthritis.
A sizeable percentage of patients with rheumatoid arthritis who are in clinical remission have evidence of disease activity on magnetic resonance imaging of the foot that is mostly affected.
For every 5 patients with RAs displaying improved disease activity scores or remission by clinical criteria, 2 will exhibit disease progression on MRI.
DAS28 were found to be significantly higher at baseline and at 12-month follow-up in a group of patients (n=9) with knee osteoarthritis.
"Improved pain management should be explored in patients who report high disease activity."
Much of the disability associated with RA relates to the pain secondary to inflammatory joint inflammation.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Sustained-Release Sodium Nitrite for Diabetic Neuropathic Pain Not Associated With Headaches
- Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Associated With Reduced Risk for Opioid-Related Deaths
- Clonidine May Not Improve Post-Cesarean Delivery Analgesia
- No Added Value With Liposomal Bupivacaine Following TKA With Peripheral Nerve Block
- Wearable Device Cleared for Use During Opioid Detoxification
- Recommendations for Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Tolerance
- Vertebroplasty Comparable With Placebo for Acute Vertebral Compression Fractures
- Capsaicin 8% Patch May Be Effective in Neuropathic Pain
- Detox vs Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Prior Authorization Policy May Help Reduce Long-Acting Opioid Use
- Opioid-Related Deaths Represent Significant Public Health Burden
- Opioid-Related Adverse Events Common After Invasive Procedures
- Opioid-Free Analgesia Use for Postsurgical Pain Limited
- Zoledronic Acid May Not Improve Knee Osteoarthritis-Related Pain, Function Long-Term
- Sleep Quality in Chronic Tension-Type Headaches