Most Recent Articles by Crystal Wong, MD
The World Health Organization published new guidelines for managing HIV drug resistance in countries in which pretreatment HIV drug resistance to non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NNRTIs) is prevalent.
Patients with acute onset of severe headache should undergo diagnostic testing for subarachnoid hemorrhage, a potentially dangerous cause of headache, if the minimum duration of headache is present.
In patients with severe chronic pain refractory to conventional therapy, intrathecal ziconotide provided long-term pain relief, particularly when used as first-line intrathecal therapy.
Underlying synovitis and enthesitis may go undetected in clinical findings, but can be detected by power Doppler ultrasounds.
Trigger point injection as an adjunct to physical therapy is well tolerated and improves symptoms of pelvic floor muscle spasm in approximately 50% of patients with chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome.
More Articles by Crystal Wong, MD
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Vibrating Gloves Significantly Reduce Osteoarthritis-Related Hand Pain
- Virtual Reality for Pain Relief: Understanding the Underlying Mechanisms
- Neuroimaging for Chronic Pain: IASP Consensus Statement
- Neuroinflammation in Neuropathic Pain Indicated by Elevated Levels of Proinflammatory Chemokines in CSF
- Opioid Prescriptions Following Common Surgeries: Optimal Durations
- Liposomal Bupivacaine Effective for Shoulder Arthroplasty-Related Pain
- Reducing the P-Value for Statistical Significance to Improve the Quality of Research?
- FDA's Strategies for Managing Patients Taking CNS Depressants and Opioids
- Electrotherapy, Acupuncture May Decrease Pain Following Total Knee Arthroplasty
- Low-Dose Oromucosal Ibuprofen Effective for Relieving Sore Throat
- Survey Finds Teens Divided on Beliefs and Attitudes of Prescription Drug Abuse
- HIV-Positive Patients Experience Frequent Headaches
- Low-Dose Perineural Dexamethasone Prolongs Effects of Brachial Plexus Nerve Block
- Business Savvy Tips for Buying a Practice
- Diphenhydramine Decreases Pain During Colonoscopy for Chronic Opioid Users