COLACE SYRUP OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Docusate sodium 60mg/15mL.
Purdue Products L.P.
Indications for COLACE SYRUP:
Mix syrup in 6–8oz of milk or juice. 60mg–360mg daily.
Mix syrup in 6–8oz of milk or juice. <2yrs: individualize. 2–11yrs: 60mg–150mg daily; may be given as a single dose or in divided doses.
Discontinue if rectal bleeding or no bowel movement occurs. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
May increase systemic absorption of mineral oil.
Caps 50mg—30, 60; 100mg—10, 30, 60; Liquid—30mL (w. cal dropper); Syrup—473mL
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Brain Plasticity in Patients With Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Chronic Pain Associated With Traumatic Brain Injury: Causes and Management
- Perturbation-Based Rehabilitation Effective for Chronic Low Back Pain
- Migraine Frequency Correlated With Depression and Anxiety
- IBS-Associated Chronic Pain: Formulation of Core Diagnostic Criteria
- Cannabis Use Associated With Aberrant Drug Behaviors
- Walgreens to Carry Naloxone in All Pharmacies to Combat Drug Abuse
- Independent Pharmacies Expanding Services Available to Patients
- Ketamine Exhibits Effective Pain Relief for Refractory Headaches
- Pain In Elite Athletes: IOC Recommendations on Contributing Factors and Treatment Approach
- Pain Processing: Examining the Role of Oxytocin
- Short- vs Long-Acting Opioids for Osteoarthritis Pain
- Extended-Release Naltrexone Injections Reduce Opioid Dependence
- Depressive Symptoms Among Medical Interns Increased With Work-Family Conflicts
- CMS Launches Initiative to Analyze Regulation Impact on Patient Care