CLOBEX SHAMPOO Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Clobetasol propionate 0.05%.
Galderma Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for CLOBEX SHAMPOO:
Moderate to severe scalp psoriasis.
>18yrs: Apply thin layer to dry scalp once daily, leave on for 15 minutes, lather and rinse thoroughly; max 50g/week and up to 4 consecutive weeks' treatment per course.
≤18yrs: not recommended.
Do not use superpotent forms on face, groin, or axillae. Exclude viral disease (eg, chickenpox, measles).
Treat infection if present; discontinue if infection persists or worsens. Do not use near eyes, or on diaper dermatitis or pre-existing skin atrophy. Do not use fluorinated steroids longer than 1 week on the face. Avoid abrupt cessation in chronic use. Systemic absorption increased by broken or inflamed skin, prolonged use, application to large surface area, or use of occlusive dressings. Occlude only if necessary; do not occlude higher potency products. Monitor adrenal function in children if a high potency product or occlusion is used, and in adults if more than 50g weekly of a high potency product is used. Discontinue or reduce dose or potency if HPA axis suppression, Cushing's syndrome, hyperglycemia, glucosuria, or irritation occurs. Use lowest effective dose and potency (esp. in children). Use caution if applying to face or body folds. Do not use continuously or for prophylaxis. Foams are flammable. Reevaluate periodically. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Burning, stinging, pruritus, erythema, skin atrophy, striae, miliaria, secondary infections, hypopigmentation, folliculitis, hypertrichosis, acneiform eruptions, dermal cracking and fissuring, telangiectasia, contact dermatitis, other local effects, immunosuppression, masks infections, HPA axis suppression (esp. in children).
Lotion—2oz, 4oz; Shampoo—4oz; Spray—2oz, 4.25oz
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Analyzing Coverage of Nonpharmacologic Treatments for Low Back Pain
- Two Screening Tools May Accurately Predict Transition From Acute to Chronic Low Back Pain
- Operant Learning May Provide More Benefits Than Energy Conservation in Fibromyalgia
- Predicting the Magnitude of Placebo Analgesia in Chronic Pain
- Dsuvia Gains FDA Approval: We Want to Hear Your Thoughts
- The Unintended Consequences of the CDC Opioid Guideline According to Pain Management Specialists
- Initial Consultation for Neck Pain May Reduce Opioid Consumption, Healthcare Utilization
- FDA-Approved Test Provides Pharmacogenetic Reports Directly to Consumers
- Set of Interventions May Effectively Reduce Opioid Overprescribing
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- Half of the Responders to Our Poll Agree With the Approval of Dsuvia: We Want to Hear From You
- Daily Alcohol Use May Drive Chronic Pain in Adults With HIV
- Tools to Address the Opioid Crisis
- AHA/ACC Release Updated Guidelines for Cholesterol Management
- Women Fed Soy Formula as Infants More Likely to Experience Menstrual Pain