The FDA Digital Health Software Precertification Program represents a feasible solution to regulate software classified as a medical device.
Many translational barriers exist between preclinical research and clinical practice.
ACTTION Consensus Provides Best Practices for the Design of Pediatric Clinical Trials Focused on Acute PainJanuary 08, 2018
Key factors susceptible to improve the design of clinical trials on analgesics for acute pain in pediatric populations were reviewed and recommendations published.
The benefits associated with medical cannabis therapy may be overestimated due to inadequate blinding in clinical trials.
The need for data transparency carries an ethical and moral obligation and requires nonselective and unbiased publication of clinical results.
In a controversial and divisive article, a group of researchers proposes to improve "statistical standards of evidence" by lowering the P value from P <.05 to P <.005 in the fields of biomedical and social sciences.
Reference values for PROMIS domains have been established by a population-based study.
Standardized and clinically meaningful outcome measures in clinical trials in chronic pain may enhance efforts to develop effective treatments for chronic pain patients.
Researchers identified 3 subgroups of patients with peripheral neuropathic pain, based on sensory signs and symptoms.
Drug development faces 2 major issues: pre-clinical animal efficacy studies do not accurately predict human efficacy, and clinical trials often wrongly fail to show drug efficacy.
Connectivity in the right midfrontal gyrus may help predict placebo response.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Cannabis Use High in Migraine
- Sustained-Release Sodium Nitrite for Diabetic Neuropathic Pain Not Associated With Headaches
- Percutaneous Electrolysis May Be Useful Adjunct for Subacromial Pain Syndrome
- Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Associated With Reduced Risk for Opioid-Related Deaths
- Clonidine May Not Improve Post-Cesarean Delivery Analgesia
- Recommendations for Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Tolerance
- Vertebroplasty Comparable With Placebo for Acute Vertebral Compression Fractures
- Capsaicin 8% Patch May Be Effective in Neuropathic Pain
- Detox vs Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Prior Authorization Policy May Help Reduce Long-Acting Opioid Use
- Deaths After Nonfatal Opioid Overdose: Causes and Risk Factors
- Targeted Educational Intervention Helped Reduce Opioid Exposure in Adult Inpatients
- Systematic Cross-Checking May Reduce Medical Errors in Emergency Departments
- Corticosteroid Plus Lidocaine Injections Do Not Alleviate Pain in Central Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
- Tofacitinib May Effectively Alleviate Pain in RA, Psoriatic Arthritis, and Ankylosing Spondylitis