CLARINEX-D 24 HOUR Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Desloratadine 5mg, pseudoephedrine sulfate 240mg; ext-rel tabs.
Merck & Co., Inc.
- Pregabalin and Celecoxib Reduced Need for Morphine After Lumbar Spine Surgery
- Preemptive Tapentadol May Effectively Reduce Pain, Opioid Consumption After TKA
- Ilioinguinal-Transversus Abdominis Plane Block When Standard Analgesia Fails After Cesarean Delivery
Indications for CLARINEX-D 24 HOUR:
Seasonal allergic rhinitis with nasal congestion.
Swallow whole. 1 tab once daily.
<12yrs: not recommended.
Narrow-angle glaucoma. Urinary retention. Severe hypertension or coronary artery disease. During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Cardiovascular disorders. Diabetes. Hyperthyroidism. Prostatic hypertrophy. Increased intraocular pressure. Renal or hepatic impairment: avoid. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Antihistamine + sympathomimetic.
See Contraindications. Pseudoephedrine: may be antagonized by beta-adrenergic blockers, methyldopa, reserpine. Increased ectopic pacemaker activity with digitalis.
Dry mouth, headache, insomnia, fatigue, pharyngitis, somnolence, nausea, dizziness, nervousness, psychomotor hyperactivity, anorexia; hypersensitivity reactions (discontinue if occurs).
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Aetna-CVS Merger Approved
- Striking a Balance Between Opioid Surveillance and Patient Privacy
- Demographic Characteristics of Pregnant Women With Opioid Use Disorder
- Effects of Mindfulness Therapy, Pharmacologic Prophylaxis on Catecholamine Levels in Migraine
- Initial Consultation for Neck Pain May Reduce Opioid Consumption, Healthcare Utilization
- Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Seven-Item Pain Intensity Measure Reliable in Individuals With Dementia
- Managing Comorbid Opioid and Alcohol Use Disorder
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- Reviewing the Efficacy of Invasive Procedures for Chronic Back, Knee Pain
- What Do Clinicians Do in Response to Aberrant Urine Drug Test Results?
- Photo Elicitation on Social Media Can Provide Perspective to Patients With Chronic Pain
- Patients Assume Postoperative Opioids Are Best for Pain Relief
- Educational Disabilities More Likely With Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- When Will Medicine Join the Women's Movement?