Pain-Drug Rights Sold
the Clinical Pain Advisor take:
Alkermes plc has agreed to sell its manufacturing facility in Gainesville and royalty revenue to to Meloxicam IV/IM to Recro Pharma, Inc. (Recro), a specialty pharmaceutical company, company officials announced in a press release this week.
The facility in Gainesville was acquired by Alkermes in 2011 as part of its business combination with Elan Drug Technologies.
Among the assets being sold include Alkermes’ rights to Zohydro ER and the late-stage, parenteral formulation of Meloxicam IV/IM, a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug, which has completed multiple phase 2 trials for the management of moderate-to-severe acute pain, as well as related technology.
According to a press release, under the terms of the agreement, Alkermes will receive from Recro an initial cash payment of $50 million, development and commercialization milestone payments of up to $120 million related to Meloxicam IV/IM and low double-digit royalties on net sales of Meloxicam IV/IM.
Among the assets being sold include Alkermes’ rights to Zohydro ER and the late-stage, parenteral formulation of Meloxicam IV/IM.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Tools to Address the Opioid Crisis
- Patterns of Non-Medical Prescription Opioid Use in Adolescents
- Pain Acceptance May Reduce Headache-Related Disability in Migraine
- Half of the Responders to Our Poll Agree With the Approval of Dsuvia: We Want to Hear From You
- Factors Promoting Participation in Self-Management Training Program for Chronic Pain
- The Unintended Consequences of the CDC Opioid Guideline According to Pain Management Specialists
- FDA-Approved Test Provides Pharmacogenetic Reports Directly to Consumers
- Set of Interventions May Effectively Reduce Opioid Overprescribing
- Two Screening Tools May Accurately Predict Transition From Acute to Chronic Low Back Pain
- Long Wait Times Between Referral and Interdisciplinary Pediatric Chronic Pain Evaluation
- Assessing Headache Management Practices at Community Pharmacies
- Rapid Fentanyl Test Strips Accepted by Young Adult Drug Users
- Moral Hazard vs Morality Approaches in the Opioid Crisis
- Use of Both Aspirin and NSAIDs Associated With Incident Heart Failure Risk
- FDA Panel Votes in Favor of Abuse-Deterrent Oxycodone Reformulation