Pain-Drug Rights Sold
the Clinical Pain Advisor take:
Alkermes plc has agreed to sell its manufacturing facility in Gainesville and royalty revenue to to Meloxicam IV/IM to Recro Pharma, Inc. (Recro), a specialty pharmaceutical company, company officials announced in a press release this week.
The facility in Gainesville was acquired by Alkermes in 2011 as part of its business combination with Elan Drug Technologies.
Among the assets being sold include Alkermes’ rights to Zohydro ER and the late-stage, parenteral formulation of Meloxicam IV/IM, a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug, which has completed multiple phase 2 trials for the management of moderate-to-severe acute pain, as well as related technology.
According to a press release, under the terms of the agreement, Alkermes will receive from Recro an initial cash payment of $50 million, development and commercialization milestone payments of up to $120 million related to Meloxicam IV/IM and low double-digit royalties on net sales of Meloxicam IV/IM.
Among the assets being sold include Alkermes’ rights to Zohydro ER and the late-stage, parenteral formulation of Meloxicam IV/IM.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- History of Migraine May Be Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Radiofrequency Denervation Efficacious in Treating Thoracic Zygapophyseal Joint Pain
- Symptom Severity, Sensory Sensitivity May Indicate Pain Centralization in Chronic Overlapping Pain Conditions
- Prescribed Opioids Difficulties Scale Effective for Assessing Concerns of Patients With Chronic Pain
- Predictors of Opioid Overdose in High-Risk Users
- Consensus Guidelines for the Use of Intravenous Ketamine for Chronic Pain
- Pain Societies Issue Guidelines on Use of Ketamine for the Management of Acute Pain
- Labor Epidural Analgesia Linked to Reduced Likelihood of Successful Breastfeeding
- Novel Oral Treatment Safe, Effective for Migraine Headache Relief
- DFN-02 Nasal Spray Safe, Effective for Acute Treatment of Episodic Migraine
- Methadone Improves Short-Term Outcomes Better Than Morphine in Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Addressing Rare Headache Disorders: Acute Confusional Migraine
- Hospital-Owned Practices Associated With Positive Workplace Perceptions Among Staff
- Optimal Strategies for Opioid Weaning After Ambulatory Surgery
- Chinese Traditional Medicine Showed Effectiveness on Pain, Quality of Life in Advanced Cancer