CHILDREN'S TYLENOL PLUS COUGH & RUNNY NOSE OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetaminophen 160mg, chlorpheniramine maleate 1mg, dextromethorphan HBr 5mg; per 5mL; liq; cherry flavor.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare
Indications for CHILDREN'S TYLENOL PLUS COUGH & RUNNY NOSE:
Rhinorrhea, cough, sore throat, fever, headache, minor aches and pains.
<4yrs (<36lbs): do not use. 4–5yrs (36–47lbs): not recommended. 6–11yrs (48–95lbs): 10mL every 4 hours as needed; max 5 doses/24 hours.
Children <4yrs old (<36lbs). During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Concomitant other acetaminophen products. For use as a sedative hypnotic.
Hepatic dysfunction. Glaucoma. GI or GU obstruction. Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Increased CNS effects with other CNS depressants.
Analgesic + antihistamine + antitussive.
Drowsiness, anticholinergic effects, excitability, hepatotoxicity (overdosage).
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Cannabis Use High in Migraine
- Sustained-Release Sodium Nitrite for Diabetic Neuropathic Pain Not Associated With Headaches
- Restless Leg Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, and Depression Frequent in Migraine
- Percutaneous Electrolysis May Be Useful Adjunct for Subacromial Pain Syndrome
- Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Associated With Reduced Risk for Opioid-Related Deaths
- Recommendations for Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Tolerance
- Vertebroplasty Comparable With Placebo for Acute Vertebral Compression Fractures
- Capsaicin 8% Patch May Be Effective in Neuropathic Pain
- Detox vs Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Prior Authorization Policy May Help Reduce Long-Acting Opioid Use
- Deaths After Nonfatal Opioid Overdose: Causes and Risk Factors
- Targeted Educational Intervention Helped Reduce Opioid Exposure in Adult Inpatients
- Systematic Cross-Checking May Reduce Medical Errors in Emergency Departments
- Corticosteroid Plus Lidocaine Injections Do Not Alleviate Pain in Central Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
- Tofacitinib May Effectively Alleviate Pain in RA, Psoriatic Arthritis, and Ankylosing Spondylitis