CHILDREN'S PEPTO OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Calcium carbonate 400mg; chew tabs; sodium-free; bubblegum or watermelon flavors.
Procter & Gamble Pharmaceuticals
Indications for CHILDREN'S PEPTO:
Heartburn, acid indigestion, upset or sour stomach.
Use other forms.
<24lbs (<2yrs): not recommended. 24–47lbs (2–5yrs): chew 1 tab as needed; max 3 tabs/24hrs for 2 weeks. 48–95lbs (6–11yrs): chew 2 tabs as needed; max 6 tabs/24hrs for 2 weeks.
Reduces absorption of tetracyclines, possibly other drugs.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Cannabis Use High in Migraine
- Sustained-Release Sodium Nitrite for Diabetic Neuropathic Pain Not Associated With Headaches
- Restless Leg Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, and Depression Frequent in Migraine
- Percutaneous Electrolysis May Be Useful Adjunct for Subacromial Pain Syndrome
- Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Associated With Reduced Risk for Opioid-Related Deaths
- Recommendations for Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Tolerance
- Vertebroplasty Comparable With Placebo for Acute Vertebral Compression Fractures
- Capsaicin 8% Patch May Be Effective in Neuropathic Pain
- Detox vs Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Prior Authorization Policy May Help Reduce Long-Acting Opioid Use
- Deaths After Nonfatal Opioid Overdose: Causes and Risk Factors
- Targeted Educational Intervention Helped Reduce Opioid Exposure in Adult Inpatients
- Systematic Cross-Checking May Reduce Medical Errors in Emergency Departments
- Corticosteroid Plus Lidocaine Injections Do Not Alleviate Pain in Central Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
- Tofacitinib May Effectively Alleviate Pain in RA, Psoriatic Arthritis, and Ankylosing Spondylitis