CHILDREN'S NASACORT ALLERGY 24HR OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Triamcinolone acetonide 55mcg; per nasal spray; scent- and alcohol-free.
Indications for CHILDREN'S NASACORT ALLERGY 24HR:
Seasonal and perennial allergic rhinitis, including nasal congestion.
2 sprays in each nostril once daily. Reduce dose as symptoms improve.
<2yrs: not recommended. 2–<6yrs: 1 spray in each nostril once daily. 6–12yrs: 1 spray in each nostril once daily; max 2 sprays in each nostril once daily. Reduce dose as symptoms improve.
Avoid use in patients with recent nasal ulcers, surgery, or injury that has not healed. Infections (eg, ocular herpes simplex). Glaucoma. Cataracts. Discontinue if exposed to measles, chickenpox, or tuberculosis. Monitor for growth suppression in children. Avoid eyes or mucous membranes. Reevaluate if no improvement after 1 week. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Avoid concomitant other steroid-containing products.
Infection, fever, visual changes, severe or frequent nosebleeds.
Nasal Spray—8.25g (60 sprays), 16.5g (120 sprays); Children's—8.25g (60 sprays)
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- History of Migraine May Be Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Radiofrequency Denervation Efficacious in Treating Thoracic Zygapophyseal Joint Pain
- Symptom Severity, Sensory Sensitivity May Indicate Pain Centralization in Chronic Overlapping Pain Conditions
- Prescribed Opioids Difficulties Scale Effective for Assessing Concerns of Patients With Chronic Pain
- Predictors of Opioid Overdose in High-Risk Users
- Consensus Guidelines for the Use of Intravenous Ketamine for Chronic Pain
- Pain Societies Issue Guidelines on Use of Ketamine for the Management of Acute Pain
- Labor Epidural Analgesia Linked to Reduced Likelihood of Successful Breastfeeding
- Novel Oral Treatment Safe, Effective for Migraine Headache Relief
- DFN-02 Nasal Spray Safe, Effective for Acute Treatment of Episodic Migraine
- Methadone Improves Short-Term Outcomes Better Than Morphine in Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Addressing Rare Headache Disorders: Acute Confusional Migraine
- Hospital-Owned Practices Associated With Positive Workplace Perceptions Among Staff
- Optimal Strategies for Opioid Weaning After Ambulatory Surgery
- Chinese Traditional Medicine Showed Effectiveness on Pain, Quality of Life in Advanced Cancer