CHILDREN'S MUCINEX OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Guaifenesin 100mg; per 5mL; grape flavor; alcohol free; contains sodium 3mg.
Indications for CHILDREN'S MUCINEX:
<4yrs: do not use. 4–5yrs: 2.5–5mL every 4 hours. 6–11yrs: 5–10mL every 4 hours. Max 6 doses/day.
Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers. Mini-Melts: Renal disease. Magnesium-restricted diet.
GI upset, drowsiness, headache, rash.
Tabs 600mg, Max Strength (YES); Pkts, Soln (NO)
Tabs 600mg—20, 40, 100, 500; Max Strength—14, 28; Pkts—12; Soln—4oz
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- FDA Takes Steps to Reconcile Needs of Patients With Chronic Pain, Efforts to Curb Opioid Epidemic
- History of Migraine May Be Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Symptom Severity, Sensory Sensitivity May Indicate Pain Centralization in Chronic Overlapping Pain Conditions
- Stat Consult: Chronic Low Back Pain
- Opioid Misuse May Help Predict Alcohol Dependence Treatment Outcomes
- Consensus Guidelines for the Use of Intravenous Ketamine for Chronic Pain
- Pain Societies Issue Guidelines on Use of Ketamine for the Management of Acute Pain
- Labor Epidural Analgesia Linked to Reduced Likelihood of Successful Breastfeeding
- Novel Oral Treatment Safe, Effective for Migraine Headache Relief
- DFN-02 Nasal Spray Safe, Effective for Acute Treatment of Episodic Migraine
- Predictors of Opioid Overdose in High-Risk Users
- FDA to Review Long-Acting Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder
- Half of Patients Referred for Behavioral Treatment of Migraine Never Initiate Treatment
- Low-Dose Sumatriptan Injection Effective as Acute Migraine Treatment
- The Fight for Patient Privacy Under Big Data Analytics