CHILDREN'S BENADRYL-D ALLERGY/SINUS LIQUID OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Diphenhydramine HCl 12.5mg, phenylephrine HCl 5mg; per 5mL; alcohol- and sugar-free; grape flavor; contains sodium 13mg/5mL.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare
Indications for CHILDREN'S BENADRYL-D ALLERGY/SINUS LIQUID:
Rhinorrhea and congestion.
10mL every 4hrs.
<6yrs: individualize. 6–11yrs: 5mL. Repeat every 4hrs as needed.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Concomitant diphenhydramine products (including topicals).
Hypertension. Cardiovascular disease. Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Glaucoma. GI or GU obstruction. Diabetes. Thyroid disease. Sodium-restricted diet.
Antihistamine + sympathomimetic.
Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. β-blockers may increase the pressor effects of sympathomimetics. Alcohol, other CNS depressants potentiated. Guanethidine, other antihypertensives antagonized.
Drowsiness, anticholinergic effects, dizziness, nervousness, insomnia, excitability in children.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Seven-Item Pain Intensity Measure Reliable in Individuals With Dementia
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- Reviewing the Efficacy of Invasive Procedures for Chronic Back, Knee Pain
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Lower Weighting of Hand Cortical Representations in CRPS
- Predicting Success of Focal Nerve Surgery Based on Diagnostic Block Response
- Aetna-CVS Merger Approved
- FDA Announces Draft Guidance for Consumer OTC Access to Previously Prescription Drugs
- Maryland Legislature: Will Federal Courts Permit State Regulation of Drug Prices?