Compare the abuse deterrent mechanism, special risk groups, contraindications, and warnings/precautions for FDA approved opioids.
Standing orders for naloxone allow it to be dispensed to laypeople without a patient-specific prescription.
The latest government data show that prescription opioids and heroin lead the increase.
This low rate of use in rheumatology patients is in stark contrast to the high rates of severe arthritis frequently reported by medicinal marijuana users.
While many organizations have created plans in an attempt to curb the opioid epidemic, how can we know which plans will work?
Compared with other opioids, oxycodone/naloxone may improve patients' ability to participate in physiotherapy.
Daily cannabis use nearly doubled between 2002 and 2014, and fewer people perceive the drug as harmful.
Non-medical use of prescription opioid medications is a significant risk factor for heroin use among United States veterans.
The COR-12 treatment program includes group therapy and lectures that focus on opioid addiction, as well as 2 extended medication assistance options.
Researchers hypothesize that communicating opioid addiction risks to patients using real-life narratives could be effective and low-cost.
Pain management questions from patient satisfaction surveys have been used to influence Medicare reimbursement rates and have resulted in unintended consequences in light of the nation's opioid epidemic.
Web forum discussions have seen a notable increase in concerns of loperamide abuse.
This week, an FDA committee of outside experts will meet to review risk-management plans in an effort to reduce opioids misuse.
Several patients were noted to have taken the counterfeit drug in California.
New research suggests that reducing length of treatment and hospitalization in infants diagnosed with drug withdrawal symptoms at birth can be made possible by standardizing hospital care policies across institutions.
The ASA has announced the creation of its Ad Hoc Committee on Prescription Opioid Abuse to help address the country's growing epidemic.
Genome-wide association ID'd three independent regions with single nucleotide polymorphisms.
Lower rate of relapse compared with usual treatment in trial involving criminal justice offenders.
President Barack Obama will announce new public and private initiatives directed at curbing opioid abuse across the country.
Researchers found the importance of intense behavioral health follow-up to reduce the occurrence of neonatal abstinence syndrome.
Pot-related poison control calls and hospital discharges spike with wider availability.
New research reviews nationwide patterns of painkiller prescribing following surgical tooth extraction.
New research suggests that more upstate New Yorkers with back pain are undergoing surgery and taking prescription opioids, despite the availability of noninvasive treatments.
The CDC has issued guidelines for primary care providers who prescribe opioids for chronic pain.
CMS suppression of claims linked to immediate decline in inpatient rates of related comorbidities.
Does your pain clinic currently allow the use of cannabis in combination with opioid medication? If so, has a maximum THC threshold been identified? How have your patients responded to such treatment?
Are we overestimating the efficacy of step III analgesics?
After legalization, pot-related ER visits increased faster for visitors than for Colorado residents.
The $1.1 billion figure is on top of the $400 million already included in the December budget agreement.
New educational programs are helping curb opioid abuse, but additional measures are needed to solve the epidemic.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Vibrating Gloves Significantly Reduce Osteoarthritis-Related Hand Pain
- Neuroimaging for Chronic Pain: IASP Consensus Statement
- Neuroinflammation in Neuropathic Pain Indicated by Elevated Levels of Proinflammatory Chemokines in CSF
- Low-Dose Perineural Dexamethasone Prolongs Effects of Brachial Plexus Nerve Block
- Hypertension in Chronic Pain: Risk Factors
- Liposomal Bupivacaine Effective for Shoulder Arthroplasty-Related Pain
- Reducing the P-Value for Statistical Significance to Improve the Quality of Research?
- FDA's Strategies for Managing Patients Taking CNS Depressants and Opioids
- Opioid Prescriptions Following Common Surgeries: Optimal Durations
- Electrotherapy, Acupuncture May Decrease Pain Following Total Knee Arthroplasty
- Opioid Use Low Among Veterans With Recent Traumatic Brain Injury Diagnosis
- Predictive Ability of Intermittent Pain Diaries in Sickle Cell Disease
- Recurrent Chest Pain Linked to Depression, Anxiety
- Nasal Sumatriptan Results in Faster Migraine Pain Relief
- Pay Inequality, Contract Negotiation Top Concerns for Female Physicians