The latest government data show that prescription opioids and heroin lead the increase.
Daily cannabis use nearly doubled between 2002 and 2014, and fewer people perceive the drug as harmful.
Web forum discussions have seen a notable increase in concerns of loperamide abuse.
New research suggests that reducing length of treatment and hospitalization in infants diagnosed with drug withdrawal symptoms at birth can be made possible by standardizing hospital care policies across institutions.
The ASA has announced the creation of its Ad Hoc Committee on Prescription Opioid Abuse to help address the country's growing epidemic.
Genome-wide association ID'd three independent regions with single nucleotide polymorphisms.
Lower rate of relapse compared with usual treatment in trial involving criminal justice offenders.
Researchers found the importance of intense behavioral health follow-up to reduce the occurrence of neonatal abstinence syndrome.
New research reviews nationwide patterns of painkiller prescribing following surgical tooth extraction.
CMS suppression of claims linked to immediate decline in inpatient rates of related comorbidities.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Transcranial Random Noise Stimulation Effective on Multiple Fibromyalgia-Associated Symptoms
- Comparing Dry Needling, Cortisone for Greater Trochanteric Pain Syndrome
- Vestibular Rehabilitation an Effective Treatment for Vestibular Migraine
- Secondary Hyperalgesia Mediated by Nociceptive and Other Sensory Pathways
- Naloxone: Policies and Access