For patients with chronic fatigue syndrome/fibromyalgia or rheumatoid arthritis, morphine has anti-hyperalgesic effects comparable with placebo.
Symptoms associated with central sensitization are common in children and adolescents with migraine.
Trauma exposure plays a significant role in both pain response and development of chronic pain.
Greater pain extent of chronic tension-type headaches correlates with older age and with greater emotional and physical burdens in patients.
The effects of central sensitization extend beyond nociceptive pathways to other sensory modalities.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Abuse-Deterrent Opioids Might Not Be the Answer to the Opioid Crisis
- Paracetamol Superior to Placebo for Osteoarthritis Knee Pain
- Fracture Risk in Children Predicted by New Bone Density Assessment
- Collaborative Care Superior to Standard Care for Opioid Use Disorder
- Gabapentinoids: Evaluating the Benefits for Chronic Low Back Pain