Cefadroxil Tablets Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Cefadroxil Tablets:
Susceptible urinary tract, skin and skin structure infections, pharyngitis/tonsillitis, impetigo.
Uncomplicated UTI: 1–2g once daily or in 2 divided doses. Complicated UTI: 2g/day in 2 divided doses. Skin and skin structure infections: 1g once daily or in 2 divided doses. Pharyngitis/tonsillitis: 1g once daily or in 2 divided doses for 10 days. Renal dysfunction (CrCl <50mL/min): 1g loading dose, then 500mg at increased dosing intervals (see literature). Continue for 3 days after symptoms improve.
UTI, skin and skin structure infections: 30mg/kg/day in 2 divided doses every 12 hours. Pharyngitis/tonsillitis, impetigo: 30mg/kg once daily or in 2 divided doses for 10 days. Renal dysfunction: reduce dose (see literature). Continue for 3 days after symptoms improve.
Penicillin or other allergy. Discontinue if colitis occurs and treat. Impaired renal function (CrCl <50mL/min). GI disease (esp. colitis). Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Potentiated by probenecid. May cause false (+) Clinitest or Coomb's test.
GI upset, anaphylaxis, rash; blood dyscrasias (rare).
Formerly known under the brand names Duricef, Ultracef.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Two Screening Tools May Accurately Predict Transition From Acute to Chronic Low Back Pain
- Operant Learning May Provide More Benefits Than Energy Conservation in Fibromyalgia
- Predicting the Magnitude of Placebo Analgesia in Chronic Pain
- Methamphetamine Use on the Rise in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Examining the Efficacy of Different Oxygen Flow Rates for Cluster Headache Attacks
- The Unintended Consequences of the CDC Opioid Guideline According to Pain Management Specialists
- Initial Consultation for Neck Pain May Reduce Opioid Consumption, Healthcare Utilization
- FDA-Approved Test Provides Pharmacogenetic Reports Directly to Consumers
- Set of Interventions May Effectively Reduce Opioid Overprescribing
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- Half of the Responders to Our Poll Agree With the Approval of Dsuvia: We Want to Hear From You
- Daily Alcohol Use May Drive Chronic Pain in Adults With HIV
- Tools to Address the Opioid Crisis
- AHA/ACC Release Updated Guidelines for Cholesterol Management
- Women Fed Soy Formula as Infants More Likely to Experience Menstrual Pain