For patients with comorbid substance use disorder and anxiety, adding cognitive behavioral therapy for anxiety disorders to typical treatment for substance abuse disorders may help prevent the return of symptoms.
A 12-week CBT program led to reductions in PTSD and substance abuse in transgender women with HIV.
A brief behavioral intervention delivered in a primary care setting was found to be effective for youth with anxiety and depression.
Interactive voice response-based CBT is as effective as in-person CBT for patients with chronic back pain.
An individual's pain experience depends on a complex interaction between various biological, environmental, psychological, and societal factors.
A combination of treatment with CBT and the tricyclic antidepressant amitriptyline led to greater improvements in youth with chronic migraine compared with treatment with headache education and amitriptyline.
A targeted form of CBT is effective in treating chronic pain and substance use disorder in veterans with hepatitis C virus infection.
Chronic pain may be inevitable, but chronic suffering may not have to be.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Opioid Use Disorders: Advances in Pharmacotherapy Provide Long-term Results
- Abuse-Deterrent Opioid Formulations: Barriers to Broader Use
- Women Frequently Prescribed High Doses of Opioids After Vaginal Delivery
- Notifications by PDMPs May Not Effectively Reduce Opioid Misuse
- Medical Cannabis Legalization Associated With Reduced Schedule III Opioid Prescriptions
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- A Physician's Guide to Incorporating Patient Spirituality in Practice
- FDA Taps Social Media to Identify and Assess Emerging Drug Abuse Threats
- Buffered Lidocaine May Be Superior to Nonbuffered Lidocaine for Inferior Alveolar Nerve Block
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Marijuana's Uncertain Status: Closing the Gap Between State and Federal Policies