Generic Name and Formulations:
Carisoprodol 200mg, aspirin 325mg; tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
- OTC Analgesic Use High, Associated With Worse-Than-Expected Clinical Profiles
- Risks Associated With Co-Administration of Aspirin and Other NSAIDs
- GI Safety Compared for NSAIDs in Patients With Arthritis
Indications for Carisoprodol/Aspirin:
Painful musculoskeletal conditions.
1–2 tabs 4 times daily.
NSAID allergy. Varicella or influenza in teenagers. Coagulation disorders. Porphyria.
Peptic ulcer. Gastritis. Renal or hepatic dysfunction. Drug abuse. Monitor blood pressure, BUN, uric acid levels. Elderly. Debilitated. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Muscle relaxant (central) + salicylate.
Alcohol, CNS depressants, oral anticoagulants, hypoglycemics, and plasma bound drugs (e.g., methotrexate) potentiated. NSAIDs, corticosteroids and oral anticoagulants increase risk of GI bleeding. Uricosurics antagonized. Urine alkalinizers or acidifiers decrease or increase, respectively, plasma levels of aspirin.
Dizziness, drowsiness, GI upset or bleeding, rash, tachycardia, orthostatic hypotension. Rare idiosyncratic reaction (see literature).
Formerly known under the brand name Soma Compound.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Two Screening Tools May Accurately Predict Transition From Acute to Chronic Low Back Pain
- Tools to Address the Opioid Crisis
- Methamphetamine Use on the Rise in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Operant Learning May Provide More Benefits Than Energy Conservation in Fibromyalgia
- Half of the Responders to Our Poll Agree With the Approval of Dsuvia: We Want to Hear From You
- The Unintended Consequences of the CDC Opioid Guideline According to Pain Management Specialists
- Initial Consultation for Neck Pain May Reduce Opioid Consumption, Healthcare Utilization
- FDA-Approved Test Provides Pharmacogenetic Reports Directly to Consumers
- Set of Interventions May Effectively Reduce Opioid Overprescribing
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- FDA Panel Votes in Favor of Abuse-Deterrent Oxycodone Reformulation
- FDA Proposes New Restrictions on Sale of Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems
- Central Sensitization in Greater Trochanteric Pain Syndrome
- Pain Acceptance May Reduce Headache-Related Disability in Migraine
- FDA Issues Safety Alert Regarding Intrathecal Delivery of Pain Meds